Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tagged again, but the rules are different . . .


The Rules:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open it to page 56
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with your instructions.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the most 
    intellectual- Pick the closest.

Sounds easy enough . . .

My friend Robin (Claire's mama) has tagged me, and since I am now 2 or 3 tags behind . . .
 and this one is short and sweet, I'm gonna play . . .

The closest book was the one I  recently won as a door prize (yippee) at my last Mentoring Mom's meeting at our church.  It is a little book called Pearls From Heaven ~ Your Heavenly Father's Words of Love and Comfort, written by Mary Grace Birkhead.  The pages aren't numbered so I had to count them out (yes I play tag legally when I play) . . .

So on page 56 (I think), the fifth sentence says this:

 "He is powerful and over all things."

Okay, now since I want to share the whole thing (because it's really good), here goes ~

You Know The King  (1 Timothy 1:17)      

He has it all under control.
You can give Him your "to-do" list.
He holds all time in His hands.
He is powerful and over all things.
Enjoy each moment.
The King is on His throne.

Isn't that a good word?  It brings to mind two sweet blogger friends, and they are who I am going to tag.  First Bonnie, my beautiful and strong cancer survivor friend, who reminds me in nearly everything she writes that The King is on His throne . . . and that we should enjoy each moment!  And secondly, my blogger friend Doreen who is on day 157 of her wait for LOA (Letter of Approval) from China, to bring home their sweet little man (go take a look he's really sweet)!  Doreen, who could be stomping her feet in frustration, has laid this long wait at the Lord's feet instead. . . She knows that the King is on His throne, and He holds all time in His hands.  Please pray her baby home!

Anybody else wanna play?  Tag you're it!

Blessings from my nest ~

Tina




4 comments:

Kim said...

WOW...I think that was meant for me. Thank you for sharing the whole thing.

Hugs,
Kim

Margaret M said...

Neat tag and I loved your words! Doreen....I thought our 127 day wait was awful..she is in our prayers! Hope you are having a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

I linked to Doreen's blog from yours and read how she was putting it all in God's hands. Thanks for sharing! My wait looks small compared to hers. I must learn, like Doreen, that God's timing is best!
Love,
Melissa

Sarah said...

Thanks so much for sharing from your book...and that picture of Teddi is absolutely adorable!
Blessings,
Sarah