Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Birthday To Us!

On January 18th, 1964, one day before my very first birthday, my sweet (one and only) sister Amy, was born!  Today on her birthday we are both 45,  and tomorrow I will turn 46!  She was my first birthday gift, born just 364 days behind me.  What a joy to have always had her as part of my celebration, our celebration! We grew up sharing the same room (and bunkbeds) until the day I got married and moved away.  Despite the fact that we have spent the past 25 years living away from each other (sometimes oceans apart) we have remained ever close in heart. Although I led the way by a bit, we learned how to be wives, and then mamas together .  . . and about the time we had our babes nearly grown, we both started over again!  This time Amy led the way, blessed with sweet  Landon at age 38 . . .  14 months later I delivered Brogan at age 41. We became "old" mamas together.  When it was time for my oldest bird to fly off to Basic Training, and beyond, she cried with me, and then she prayed me through it. When the wait for Teddi got long, she stormed heaven on Teddi's behalf .  She shared my adoption dream (from the beginning) and waited faithfully with me.  She has stormed heaven on my behalf again and again, and for that I am grateful.  

She moves as fast as I do slow.  She loves to cook, I cook because I must.  My hair is curly, her hair is straight.  Her eyes are blue, mine are green.  She is an organizer and a planner, I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl.   But . . .

We both love Jesus, and our families . . . and babies . . . and chocolate . . . and McDonald's cheeseburgers (gross, I know) . . . and sweet tea . . . and LAUGHING, especially together, and we are both lefties!  Given the choice of a day at the mall together, or a day of thrift stores, we would both pick thrifting!  We think a lot alike, and we brainstorm well together . . .  by phone. We are our own comic relief.  She can (and does) make me laugh on the grayest of days. She is my best cheerleader, and she has been my umbrella through many a storm. 
 
 
                 I thank God for the day she was born . . .                 

my sister, my bestest friend . . . 

the greatest birthday present I ever received!

I love you Ame, from the bottom of my heart!

Blessings from my birthday celebratin' nest ~

Tina


9 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Tina and Amy!! Funny....My name is Amy and I had my Landon at the age of 38! How weird is that!!!

Vivian said...

Happy Birthday my sweet friend!!!
I pray that your day is as beautiful as you are.
I am thankful that you are my friend. I am blessed to know you.
love,
Alycia

Sarah said...

Oh, Tina and Amy, happy birthday to you both! You are blessed to have one another!

And Tina, I have been blessed to "know" you these past few months. I hope that your birthday is very special!!!

Blessings to you,
Sarah

Bonnie said...

Oh my..Tina you brought tears to my eyes!! You and I both have a sweet, precious sister--I do not know what I would be like without her. All you said about her storming heaven's gates for you, for your family, is right on for me...one of the reasons why I made it through the valley of death is my dear friend on her knees, before her Abba Daddy...She can bend God's ear I tell ya!
I love the picture..
it makes me miss her so, so much!!!
Happy birthday to my blogger friend, my praying friend, my friend who loves Jesus with all her heart and mind and soul friend!
(that's you Tina!!- I already called Amy)
He is faithful,
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

...and if you think they are cute, you oughta see their brothers! Kidding, hope you both have a great b-day and know that I love ya!
fritz

Jenn said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

The Shifflett Family said...

Happy Birthday Tina and Amy! My birthday is January 22nd and I was born in 1963. God bless with me with two sisters that I am very close to and I try to remember to thank him for them both every day. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and many more to come.

Kim said...

I can't beleive I missed your birthday....Happy Happy Belated Birthday to you my precious friend and your sweet sister Amy!

What a treasure sisters are!

I hope your day was wonderful!!

Love you!
Kim

Patientlywaiting said...

Happy Birthday, Tina. Wow, what a month of celebrations for your family. Hope you had a great day celebrating! Hope your trip to Houston was fun. What a sweet reunion it must have been! We need to get together soon!

Hugs,
Robin