Linn and Dwight, my new precious blogger friends, watched as their Place Called Simplicity went up in smoke today (Wednesday). They and all of their children are safe, but most everything else was lost. Thirty years of special treasures, lost. A while back, Linn and Dwight sold their nice big home (and many of their belongings) in order to simplify their living . . . and get rid of their mortgage. They moved into a smaller home. . . a cozy log cabin, appropriately named A Place Called Simplicity. WHY did they do such a thing? So that they could bring home more children who were in need of a mama and daddy to love them . . . and they have done just that! Adding Isaiah from China, and Elizabeth and Elijah, just home from Uganda . . . and one more, sweet Jubilee who still waits for them in China. Jubilee will make ten.
In the few short weeks since I "met" Linn and Dwight and began following their blog (during Linn's trip to Uganda for E & E), my heart has grown to love them . . . my heart has also grown for the orphans in Africa. And as I read what Linn shares I want to do more, be more, live more simply, and laugh more. I didn't set out to share all of this, but I can't keep it in! This family is precious, and they are making a huge difference in the world by being obedient to follow where God leads. I for one, am incredibly blessed to be a small part of their BIG journey. . .
Today that journey suffered a sad setback, and they need us to lift them up, as they figure out how to put life back together for their family. Elizabeth and Elijah were just beginning to feel comfortable in their new surroundings, and now those surroundings are gone. Please pray for Linn and Dwight as the Lord leads you-- I know some of you are already following them, and your heart aches like mine, for their loss. Thanks for allowing me to share!
On a happier note, Chang has her family, and a brand new name -- Sarah! If you haven't visited Joy's blog, Two Tots and a Teen, go take a look at their beautiful new daughter and big sister! Please also remember Sarah Chang in your prayers as she transitions into her new life as a daughter, and remember her new mama and baba as they go from parenting two tots, to two tots and a teen! God is good!
Celebration time . . . My friend Doreen's loooooong wait for LOA (Letter of Acceptance from China), ended on Monday, at day 199! She now awaits Travel Approval so they can go pick up one of the sweetest little guys in all of China. You can see him here! Thank you Lord for seeing Doreen through some very tough days! On another happy note, my dear friend Melissa is getting ever closer to her long awaited Katie, who is in Mongolia. M's blog is private, so you'll have to take my word for it when I say that Katie is cuter than cute! And one more happy note--my friend Doris is only TA away from her sweet Abigail who waits in China. D's blog is private also, so you'll have to take my word again when I say that Abigail is also cuter than cute! Oh wait, one more . . . Teddi's orphanage "brother" Ren will meet his mama and baba on February 23rd, and then make his "home sweet home" in beautiful Canada. You can see this adorable little man here on his mama Monica's blog. I'm so happy for my waiting friends who are getting ever closer to holding their dreams in their arms!
Thinking of Sunny, and Lily, and Yao Yao (Teddi's orphanage sisters) who wait on paperwork, so that they may join their forever families who are waiting on them! May it happen soon!
Blessings from my nest ~
Tina







1 comment:
Tina I love your blog...I just have to say that you are the type of person who makes every person you come into contact with feel like we are the only people in the world and that our life matters very much to you. That is the aroma of Christ! I thank God for you!
I am praying for this sweet family...may they feel the peace of God wash over them.
I loved your wordless Wed. post AND the pink monkey that little Teddi made at Build A Bear! She's got great taste! ;)
Blessings,
Laine
Post a Comment