Wednesday, April 15, 2009

His Word For Wednesday

Don't be afraid, for I am with you.
Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:10



This little man is my three month old Brogie, secure in the grip of his daddy's strong hand. What a picture this photograph creates for me of the verse above . . . God's word tells us not to be afraid or discouraged.  He says that He will strengthen us and help us.  He promises to hold us up with His VICTORIOUS right hand!  When we are weak He is strong. 

At three months Brogan was totally dependant on us for his survival.  He fully trusted the strong grip of his daddy not to let him go.  God promises us the very same thing, that He will uphold us with His victorious right hand.  Not just His hand, but His victorious hand!

My heart is heavy this week.  Many whom I love are struggling right now or have loved ones who are struggling.  They are struggling with BIG things, miracle needing things.  My prayer list is long, and the needs are great, but our Lord is greater than the need.  

My own daddy has been hospitalized since Monday night, and is in great pain.  Tests have determined that his gall bladder needs to come out, they are running other tests first to make sure "there is nothing else going on".  He is in Michigan and I am in Texas.  He will have surgery later today, I feel so very far away. Uphold Him Lord.   I have friends who are hurting and desperate, they need strength, and peace, and they need healing.  Others have loved ones who need the same.  Some need a miracle.  Uphold them Lord.  There are babies and children fighting for every breath they take, fighting battles a child should not have to fight.  Uphold them Lord.  

Thank You Father that You know our every weakness and our every need.  Thank you that when we feel so very small, Your mighty hand is holding us up!  Father help us to turn over our fear and discouragement to You, and as we do, please strengthen us and help us.  Bring peace Lord, and healing.  You alone are Able!  May we praise You in all circumstances, and may we bless Your holy name!   In Jesus name, Amen

Blessings from my nest ~

Tina

Update on David and Rebecca and their waiting children in Brazil ~  Many of you prayed for David and Rebecca's adoption situation.  The desperate need for a job for David (in Michigan, where they have the highest unemployment rate in the nation)  before the courts halted their adoption process.  After two interviews, and things looking promising, David did not get the job.  Since then the orphanage where the children reside has decided that it would be foolish to halt the adoption of this sibling group of FOUR (we know how hard sibling groups are to place).  So word is that this case is "on the back burner" for awhile, instead of being terminated by the court.   We all know that God's timing is perfect, even when it comes to back burners! Thank you Lord for "staying" this case.  Friends, would you please continue to pray that the Lord would move the mountain that stands between this precious family of six in the U.S. and their four waiting babes in Brazil?  He is Able!

11 comments:

Jennifer O'Cain said...

Thanks for the update,I have been wondering how things were going.

I will pray for your dad, his surgery and recovery and of course continue to keep this family and children in my prayers.

Jennifer O

Jennifer O'Cain said...

And..of course praying for you and for God to lift your heavy heart , I know how it feels and pray that you will feel better soon!

Jennifer O

Mom to 5 bugs said...

Thanks for the update on the Brazil situation. I was just praying and wondering about them this morning! Will keep praying and also for your dad. So sorry I can't be there with you to pray in person.
Love,
Melissa

Ohilda said...

My prayers continue and I am definitely lifting up your Daddy!

Hugs and love....

Ohilda

Patientlywaiting said...

Tina,

How is your dad doing? I am just now getting caught up on your blog. It was great seeing you last night. Thanks for praying us home safely. Praying for your dad and his recovery.

Hugs,
Robin

Margaret M said...

You, your family and friends are all in my prayers. Bless you and I loved the bible verse...it touched me today! Thanks!

Kim said...

I'm sorry I am so behind on my blog reading. I'll be praying for your dad.

Thanks for the Brazil update.

Love you my sweet friend,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Sweet and dear friend -
Give some of your heaviness over to the rest of us and we will hold you up. Hubers will pray and pray for all of those situations mentioned. Love you. Sue

Amy said...

I hope your dad's operation went well and he is recovering. I'm so thankful that Brazil is "holding" this case. It's good to see agencies use their common sense!!!

Sarah said...

Tina,

I will keep praying for David and Rebecca and will definitely pray for your dad. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love to you, friend.
Sarah

Monica said...

Tina,

My prayers are with you, your dad and all of your family. I'm sorry to hear of your heavy heart; I know well the feeling. Please know that I will be praying for you and sending you all the happiest thoughts I can.

All the best,

Monica