So much to post and not enough time, so I am going to double up . . .
One month from today (by the time you read this it will be yesterday), on May 23rd, 2009, I will watch as my Taylor bird says, "I do"! I am so excited for her (and Frankie, too), but I am so not ready to see my bird fly. I know that I have done my best at nearly 21 years of flying lessons, and it's time for her to spread her wings. I know that she will soar. I know that I'll be proud. But, I also know that I'm not ready. She is perched on the edge . . . and I have one month. One month. Between now and then we have a little bit going on, besides getting ready for the wedding. On May 4th, Bry and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. On May 7th, Taye will celebrate her 21st birthday, and on May 9th, she will graduate with her Associates Degree in Elementary Education. On May 10th, I will celebrate Mother's Day (ahhhhhh, that's me putting my feet up). On May 17th, Bryce's 23rd birthday. On May 19th, Teddi's first Gotcha anniversary (can you believe it?) . . . and then four days later wedding bells will ring. I think I'd better get ready . . . soon.
I love you my Taylor bird, you too little bird.
Now for the sunny days . . .
This picture was taken in January 2008, when Teddi was still Xiao Xiao. She and her friend Yin Yin were celebrating the Chinese New Year together. Yin Yin has waited nearly a year since Teddi left Zhuhai for her day to come, but this week the clouds parted, and Yin Yin became Sunshine. You can follow her story at Sunny Days. Sunny's mama awaits her in Minnesota, as they run the MN Greyhound Rescue and she has many, many four-leggers whose lives depend on her. Sunny's daddy is with her in China, and if you get a chance to read his posts please do, they are great! Sunny and her daddy and mama are spending a lot of time on Skype (with the web cams), so Sunny knows her mama. Jen, I can't wait to see your girl in your arms!
Celebrating in Texas . . .

Sunny days in Guangzhou!

Is this girl precious,

or what? Welcome home sweet Sunshine girl!
Blessings from my nest . . . where I am battening down the hatches for May!
Tina







12 comments:
Tina,
I know it looks like a crazy calendar but you can do it. I think of you often. Take a deep breath, say a prayer and it will all work out.
Love you guys, Denise
I've missed you, but can definitely understand why you've been away. :) And I thought my May was going to be busy!
Congratulations to your dd on her upcoming nuptials and to Sunny's new family.
Oh my...so much going on...so many happy events to look forward to!
Aw Tina, it gave me the shivers to read your thoughts about your feelings as your "baby" girl prepares to soar. You express your emotions so beautifully. It's easy to see that you are a wonderful mama bird who has prepared her child well. Something tells me that you make Taylor as proud as she makes you. I predict beautiful blue skies ahead for all of you!
Oh that Sunshine is adorable (what a precious picture of her with Teddi in China) and I love her name! All best wishes for the new family!
Love,
Amy
Tina,
You have so much going on! I am praying that God will be your strength and your peace during the month of May (and always). May you have a WONDERFUL time celebrating all of these incredible events in your life (and the lives of your precious children).
Blessings to you, friend.
Sarah
I can't even imagine what it's gonna be like when my baby girl gets married. My son is getting married in October and I'm all butterflies, a girl must be three times as much!! How exciting.
And I agree...that Sunshine is truly pure sunshine. Just beautiful.
Thanks, Tina!! She is pretty darn cute, isn't she? ;-) Less than one more week before she is home forever.....
Jen
Ah, May will be incredible. Enjoy the many, many celebrations, and congratulations on all the amazing milestones!
I share your joy about Sunny joining her forever family. How wonderful for them all. By the way, I have pictures of Ren in that same pink jacket Sunny is wearing in that photo with Teddi! I'm glad I now know one of the girls (one of many, I'm sure) who shared this jacket with our boy.
All the best,
Monica
What a wonderful month May will be for you!! Lots of celebrating!!
I do know how you feel though. My oldest, Katie, is getting married in June. I'm ready, but I'm not ready.
Praying for you!!
Blessings,
Jenn
So many wonderful reasons to celebrate in May. I am sure this month is going to fly by with so much to do. Have a wonderful time, I will be thinking of you while I am in China!
Jennifer O
You are one busy lady....but how exciting.
It's hard to believe that a year with Flit is nearly here...if you are like be it feels like the year has flown but at the same time it fills like she has always been with you.
Good times my friend!
Kim
Honey you are gonna be BUSY!
Sweet Jesus please order Tina's steps over these next few weeks. In the busy-ness of preparations and celebrations, may she feel your presence and praise be continually on her lips. Please work out all the details of her days...prioritize her tasks and may she not be overwhelmed because she is keeping her eyes on YOU! We praise you for all the reasons that Tina will be busy in May...they are all blessings from you, Abba Father. We give you the glory for how you will show up BIG in these next few weeks!
In Jesus' Name....
Wow!! I am tired from just reading it all!! It will be a wonderful month for sure. But I think you might need a vacation in June. How about a nice relaxing cruise??
Post a Comment