Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thankful Thursday . . . late.

I have so much to be thankful for these past few weeks.  Some days have been very trying emotionally . . . some days have been physically exhausting . . . but all days have been filled with the greatest of blessings.

I am thankful that yesterday morning (two days post-op) my baby bird's biggest complaint was not her raw, tonsil missing throat, or her broken elbow wrapped up in a heavy pink cast, no --her biggest complaint was a small hangnail on her right thumb.  I guess a girl can only take so much!  After some neosporyn, a band-aid, and a dose of pain reliever she was . . .

back in the swing of things, and well enough to attend her 
Pre-K class's Teddy Bear Picnic at a nearby park.  
(She had not been happy to see Brogie leave for 
school without her the previous days.)

I took her a bit later, after the other children had already arrived at the park.
As soon as the first little guy saw me roll her up the sidewalk
 in her stroller the call went out . . . "Teddi's heeeeeear!" and 
her classmates came running as if he had hollered "Free ice cream!"
As they surrounded her in her stroller, the same sweet
 five year old announced, "Teddi's back in business!"
Yes indeed, Flit doesn't stay down for long.  

She hadn't been to school since the day she broke her elbow
and the littlest "queen of the class" had been missed!
These are the pictures that came home with Brogan the day she had
her elbow surgery.  To think that barely more than a year ago
Teddi was an orphan "waiting to belong" and now she has this little
flock of friends who come running at the sound of her name . . .
oh how indescribably thankful that makes me!

I am also thankful that after nine nervous months of wedding planning . . . reservation making, dress buying, tux ordering, flower designing, photographer hiring,  invitation sending, shower attending . . . all the way down to the nitty gritty last minute details (slightly interrupted by a flower girl's broken elbow) we pulled it off!  So many people worked so hard to make Taylor and Frankie's wedding a magical event. I am grateful to them.  Many people traveled great distances to celebrate with us, I am grateful to them!  This photo snapped at the reception sums up the day . . . the "I do's" were marvelously blessed!  Thank you Lord for a sweeter than sweet day, thank you for holding the rain, thank you for the blessing of a new son-in- law.  I am so grateful.

I am thankful for this sweet man of mine who in the post wedding days has completely picked up my exhausted slack.  He has moved a mountain of dirty laundry, bought groceries, and kept the house from falling apart.  Thank you babe, I don't know what I would do without you!

Lastly, if I step out my front door and look up, this is the scene.  Sweet or what?  It's the same nest that was painstakingly built while we waited to travel for Teddi.  The same nest that contained five brand new baby birds upon our return from China.  That very same nest is blessed once again . . .

and so is mine!

Blessings from my ever thankful nest ~ 

Tina

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Dear Teddi,

I'm sorry that you hurt your arm and had to have surgery. You are very nice and I hope that someday we will see each other.

Love,
Lily

Patientlywaiting said...

Another beautiful post, Tina. I'm so glad that your Teddi-bird is back in business! She is a very brave and strong little girl. I'm also glad that we got to share in Frankie and Taylor's wedding. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was tons of fun. My kids still talk about the candy bar and the flip books! I also enjoyed meeting your family! Thanks for sharing in our joy last night!

Hugs,
Robin

Melissa said...

The birds, the birds--we remember the birds. Wish we could have been there for Taylor's and Frankie's beautiful day. School is almost out and we are planning a spaceA trip to Hawaii. So wish we could come see you guys instead. Wish it were that easy!
Love,
Melissa