Today was an emotional day for this mama bird . . .
At 8:05 this morning my Brady boy pulled away from the curb in his loaded down Volvo station wagon, headed for Spokane--with his dad as his driving partner. Big brother Bryce has been busy getting ready for Brady's arrival. I'm so thankful that Brady has chosen to spread his wings under Bryce's guidance. I'm thankful too, for the time my boys will get to spend together again, after a three year separation.
To say my mamas heart aches is an understatement. Last night was an emotional one, as Brady and I spent time together talking (and crying) about our joys and fears-- both past and present . . . and the great courage it takes to "fly". He's ready to give it a try, and he knows that if the going gets tough, the nest is still an option.
B, I am so proud of you,
and I know you are going to do great!
Today was also Teddi's second Gotcha anniversary, talk about a mix of emotions. So many precious memories . . . mixed in with a sad, yet proud, goodbye. Memories of Brady's growing up years, memories of the years of praying and waiting for our little bird-- along with sweet, sweet memories of our first meeting in China.
Look at our little Xiao Xiao smile . . . this was the very first time I held her-- such a happy little bird!
Oh what a day!
Last day in China, ready to fly away home.
A smile from our first Gotcha anniversary.
Oh what a year!

Just look at her now, two years later . . .
I hope to do another Gotcha post for Teddi, and I have Brady's graduation post yet to share, but I didn't want to let the day go by without recognizing my two brave birds . . .
Brady and Teddi, I love you both, and am so grateful to be your mom.
Blessings from my nest ~
Tina









5 comments:
It is hard letting these kiddos fly off, but that is what we have raised them to do. What a comfort to know that God has them even when we don't. How old was little Teddi when you adopted her?
Suzette
Wow! My friend, what a day you have had! Blessings of grace and mercy be upon your Brady. He is a terrific young man, and a blessing to know.
And your Teddi girl... i remember when you were in the same boat as i am today... waiting to hear when you could go get her. Now look at her!
She is an amazing little bird, is she not?! She has grown leaps and bounds since that wonder-filled day 2 years ago.
i love you my friend, and i am praying for your Mama's heart.
Alycia
Wow, it has been a day full of emotions. Good luck to Brady as he spreads his wings with the help of his big brother!
Has is really been 2 years since you first held your girl? I remember checking my computer constantly waiting for China updates. Her Gotcha Day pictures took my breath away! Then add in the little denim shirt she was wearing, awesome! I remember that knock on the door the day after you returned home and meeting Teddi for the first time. She was so tiny and so perfect! Happy Gotcha Day, Teddi. We love you!
Hugs,
Robin
BTW - Love the new pictures of Teddi. ADORABLE!
Oh my, Tina! So much for one mama in one day!
Happy Gotcha Day Teddi and family! And happy soaring day to Brady. (sniff, sniff for the mama)
Blessings,
Sarah
Gracious that is a lot going on in one momma's heart! Praying for smooth transitions all the way around!
Post a Comment