Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Taylor!

My first baby girl turns twenty-two years old today. She arrived on a hot and humid Saturday afternoon, six days early, just in time to be the best Mother's Day present I ever received-- and she has been blessing me ever since!

My precious, not so little, nine pound, two ounce bundle of joy . . .

Born in Okinawa, Japan.
(I love, love, love that both of my girls were born in Asia!)


My shy, but silly little girl.

My sensitive, thoughtful, put others first, girl.

My, she's growing up way too fast, girl.

My graduated with honors in the Florida sands, girl.

My, baby is a bride, girl.

My soaring bird . . .

My girl has been a wife for nearly a year now, I knew she would do well, but I had no idea just how well. The Newlys run a tight ship. They made it a goal when the new year started, to live on a $10 per week grocery budget. Ten dollars . . . and they are doing it! With coupons and freebies, a lot of deal shopping, and simple eating, they are doing it-- sometimes with money left over! Every month they donate the equivalent of their grocery budget to a different charity supporting food or water. They share their experience on their blog, "The Adventures of Taylor and Frankie", in a Menu Mondays post each week. There is much to be learned from these Newlys!

If you will allow me to share (brag) just a bit more . . .

This is a glimpse into my girl's heart. It's her own birthday post, I borrowed it from her blog, justaylor. . .

My Birthday is coming up!!!

And all I've asked for is this...


Really, that's what I want.

Those of you who know me know that I don't need much. And you know that I don'twant for much. I really can't think of one thing that I need. A new hair dryer would be nice, because mine is a hand-me-down and slow, but it works just fine. Yeah, I like new shirts, but I have plenty right now. And I really don't even need Nerds Rope, but some people insist on buying me gifts. ;)

But those of you who know me and are likely to be buying me birthday gifts, well you know what I really want. Something I always want...

Clean water.

This means so much more to me than getting presents for my birthday.


Can you imagine the joy behind this picture?! I can't think of any birthday present that would make me happier than this little boy is...

Frankie and I have plans to build a well. He says this year. I say that's bold. But we know God can do big things. So we're working in lots of different ways to raise money to go towards the cost of a well. Receiving money for my birthday for this cause is exactly what is on my b'day list! :)


Is that more than enough to make a mama proud, or what?

To my sweet Birdie ~

You make my heart soar. The way you walk out your faith inspires me to do more, to try harder. I am honored to be your mama. Happy 22nd Birthday baby girl. I love you with all my heart! ~ Mom


Blessings from my nest ~

Tina

7 comments:

Patientlywaiting said...

Happy Birthday, Taylor! What an inspiration you are to a lot of us! Tina, you have a right to be proud because I see a lot of you in that Taylor bird!

Hugs,
Robin

Jenn said...

Oh my. That made me cry! It reminded me of how extremely blessed I am too in my daughter Katie (and my other children too of course!).

From one blessed mama to another...Happy Mother's Day!!!

And happy birthday to your darling girl Taylor!!

Taylor and Frankie Rodriguez said...

Thanks, Mom! Love you so much!

Monica said...

You are indeed a blessed mom, as we all are in different ways. You should be very proud of your incredible daughter. A very happy birthday to your Taylor-bird!

Monica

Karin said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet, Taylor, who is obviously a treasure. You are one blessed mama!

Amy said...

Oh Tina,

This Soaring Bird you've raised takes my breath away! Taylor is a blessing, a treasure and an inspiration!

May her every birthday wish come true!

With Love and Prayers...

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Taylor! Tina, you are greatly blessed with an incredible daughter!

Love,
Sarah