Friday, June 11, 2010

Love That Face!

I was just reading over a newsletter from RainbowKids.com when suddenly today's date caught my eye. It was on this very day, three years ago, that I received my very first email, with waiting children in Asia, from RainbowKids. I had just signed up to receive their emails the previous Friday night.

In that very first email was the face of our waiting daughter . . .


is God's timing perfect, or what?

What had started out as a regular old Monday, quickly became the day I had been praying for--for eight years. I made a call to the agency that had Teddi's file, and I spoke with them for about 45 minutes. By the time I hung up, our sweet girl was "on hold"-- as in OUR name was on HER file. That night we read over Zhu Fu Xiao's information, we prayed, we rejoiced, and the next morning as soon as the agency opened for the day, we said YES!

The rest is history!


Oh how we love you, our Zhu Fu Xiao, our precious Teddi girl! God certainly had a treasure waiting for us at the end of that Monday afternoon rainbow. Oh how we praise Him for bringing us YOU!

Blessings from my ever grateful nest~

Tina . . . who is headed for Houston this evening with daddy bird, to scoop up her little birds, and bring them back to this (temporarily) quiet nest. I miss 'em!

3 comments:

Mom to 5 bugs said...

What a wonderful reminder of God's perfect timing! Hope you have enjoyed your time of quiet refreshment. I know that you missed your littles and it will be good to have them home. What a great big sis and bro-in-love the littles have--home away from home for them! (:
Love,
M

Sarah said...

That picture of Teddi is ABSOLUTELY adorable...I can see why you wanted to simply scoop her up into your arms!

And she just keeps getting more and more beautiful. What a precious girl.

Blessings,
Sarah

Karin said...

Awww....she is so precious! Love the story. :)