(August is winding down and I am
still attempting to get our vacation pictures posted . . .)
We had such a great time with all of our cousins while we were in Michigan. I am continually amazed that although we have raised our children all over the U.S. and overseas-- there remains the sweetest bond between them and their cousins.
Even Teddi, who has only visited Michigan three times since coming home, runs to her cousin's arms when we return. She climbs on the big boys, giggles with the girls, and snuggles with the little ones. She knows they are "hers".
It makes me cry to type that . . . a tiny girl, who until two years ago had no family to call her own, surrounded by cousins who love her. Really, really love her.
When we made this most recent trip home in July, our first stop was at my sister's house in Battle Creek. My 17 year old nephew, Thayne, works for the large public library there. He had come home from work shortly before we weary travelers arrived. As soon as we walked in the house Thayne brought a huge stack of books and sat them down next to Teddi. He had checked out every single "panda" book in the library, for our panda lovin' girl. A seventeen year old boy? That's love. I wished I'd gotten a picture of Thayne and Teddi, and the books, but I didn't . . .

this is the smiling book bringer.
My Taylor girl, and my beautiful niece, Taryn.
Taryn traveled all the way to Texas
last year to be one of Taylor's bridesmaids.
I love that cousin love.
Big cousins are so much fun to copy!
What a blessing to have three days to do nothing but
play, eat, and sleep--
at Papa and Grandma's cozy little cottage.
Precious memories . . .
of sweet times . . .
spent . . .
laughing . . .
and loving . . .
and celebrating life.
With the ones who . . .
no matter how much distance divides--
the love . . .
stays strong.
New cousin love . . .
giggling girl cousin love . . .
boy cousin, girlfriend love . . .
even some super hero love.
"I'm gonna splash you" love . . .
hanging on tight and . . .
holding you close love!
I'm so very, very thankful for precious cousin love!
Blessings from my nest ~
Tina







5 comments:
Cousins are amazing. Family is such a cool bond. My kids have 15 cousins and it's amazing to see them all play and get along no matter how long it's been since they've seen each other. Great post!
Oh my. Your post made me all teary too...cousins are the best!!
The only thing my kids want to do when they go to NY is see their cousins...since my trip this time was spur of the moment they were so bummed that we couldn't see the cousins cause they were all away...
I love that Thayne was so outrageously thoughtful! What a great young man - dashing too, I might add!
Loved the pictures and loved the love!! So thankful for that blessing to your sweet life. xo
Love all the pictures, Tina! Looks like wonderful times were had and memories were made! We military families seem to appreciate family even more because we aren't lucky enough to see them all of the time.
Love,
Robin
Hey Tin,
Just sat with the little ones on my lap and looked at your pics. They were sooo excited! They kept saying, "Cousins! My cousins! MYYYY Cousins! MYYYYY Cousins!" What fun!
Love ya!
Jod
Me too! Love me some cousins!!!
T
Post a Comment