Monday, August 22, 2011

Home Sweet Homeschool

Today was the official start of the new school year at our nest. This year my class size has doubled and I am still trying to convince myself that I am a "homeschooling mom". I think I shy away from the title because I am afraid that I can't live up to it-- but, it is beginning to sink in, in a good way. I have gone from a feeling of being completely overwhelmed (and outnumbered), at the mere thought of homeschooling (I know, I know, it's only by one, but outnumbered is outnumbered in my book), to a feeling of complete thankfulness that I get to be my children's teacher. That said, I guess I have begun to embrace the opportunity, and today was a good day.

Hello. I am Tina.

I am a homeschooling mom!

I'd like to introduce you to my class--

I like them.

In fact, I like them a lot.

Brogan Elijah- 2nd Grade

This guy is my fourth born in a "first born" position.
(Refer to our family picture at the top--and you'll see "the gap").
He's a perfectionist (like his mama),
that it tough sometimes.
He teaches me as much as I teach him.
He has a love of learning,
and if it's "hands on" all the better.
Writing? Not so much.
He can write, it's just that it's tedious
. . . that darn perfectionist thing.
The joy of homeschooling is being able
to focus on those strengths,
while working at our own pace on the
things that may take more time!


Theadora Fu Xiao - 1st Grade

This girl. Oh this girl.
Our little "Flit" has grown up, she sits still.
Let me rephrase that. She sits.
(Just not in one position for very long).
My Teddi girl is curious and talkative.
She is very motivated to learn--
she jumps in with both feet.
Running.
She doesn't worry much about perfection,
legible works for her, speed is good.
She works hard, and gets excited about
just about everything!

We bring an interesting mix to our little school table!

With that said--
I am trusting the Lord to lead me,
as I learn to take this mix, daily
and do my absolute best
to help us love one another,
learn from one another,
and grow together
in wisdom
as we bring glory
to the One
who made us!


Whatever you do,
work at it with all your heart,
as working for the Lord,
not for men.

Colossians 3:23


I leave you with a little gem that the Lord brought
across my path last night,
exactly when I needed it . . .


"Smile often, and let kindness
be a cloak you wear as
an example to your children."


Blessings from our schooling nest ~

Tina

4 comments:

Vivian said...

Yay!

Happy to see your sweet, smiling faces! Happy that you are homeschooling too!

We are officially starting tomorrow! We unofficially started today, but, Adahlyn didn't want to because it was her birthday! LOL

Praying for both of us homeschooling moms this year! :)

love you friend!
Alycia
www.livingalifeworthy.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Oh Tina, I just know that you are just going to be the best teacher for your two treasures! After all, you are an incredible mama!!

Karin said...

Your kids are so blessed to have such a wonderful, godly mother. Loved seeing the photos--and I'm sure you will do a great job as their teacher!

No Greater Love said...

I keep coming back to this post...I think because my kids are in school, and I miss them. :(

Everything you are doing sounds so wonderful!!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that quote at the end of your post. I think I am going to put it on my fridge.... :)

May your school year be absolutely blessed in every way by the Lord!!!!!

Mer :)