Well, I started this post yesterday but in what seems to be my new blogging trend, I quit on it. So, if you are wondering why you are reading a "Thankful Thursday" post on Friday, well . . . that's why. I'm a quitter . . . or a slow starter . . . or re-starter . . . but I'm thankful!
These two smiling faces were my birthday morning serenaders--
after graciously allowing me to sleep in they appeared giggling at my bedside and preformed the sweetest "Happy Birthday" duet. They then crawled in on either side of me and started chattering about a birthday spankin' . . . until mama said, "Ohhhh no you don't"! At which point they decided that 49 kisses would be more appropriate and began smooching my entire face--as I counted. My day was made. Truly. To be 49 and sandwiched between my very own seven year olds. Be still my heart.
I am so very blessed. We took the day off school and went on a picnic instead--thank you south Texas for a January birthday celebrated outside! My bigs celebrated me, my beloved took me on a birthday date, I had phone calls, Facebook "love", and got to Skype with my sister. I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my sweet friend Terry, who also kept the littles for our birthday date. Blessed, I tell you!
It didn't end there . . . Terry and I were supposed to have a girl's night on Saturday to celebrate me again--we were going to burger-it-up at Red Rob*n and then hang out together, or so I thought. Except that when we walked into the restaurant there were other familiar faces waiting there--
to include my big girl, Taylor, and Terry's bestie-now-become-my-friend, Kay! Don't you love it when friends share their friends? I bet that makes God smile, big!
After dinner we HAD to go shopping for a little bit (yep, had to) while we waited for 10:00 p.m. to roll around so that we could go Cosmic Bowling--also planned by Terry. Thank you, friendy!
And guess who kicked bowling booty? The girl who never kicks bowling booty, because she has an offspring who is a much more accomplished bowler than herself (several offspring really--but only one was there) . . .
Let the games begin!
When all was said and done, the birthday girl had won two outta three games!
(The accomplished bowler offspring took the third game.)
Yes, I was proud . . .
and not very humble. At all.
So my Thursday birthday stretched into a very thankful three day celebration. It was good!
In more thankful news--
these two silly faces that I love
are coming to the nest for a visit on February 29th!
I am sooo looking forward to
seeing my Brady boy,
and his Sloane, my daughter-in-love-to-be!
Wedding bells, four months from today!
Thank you Lord for the opportunity to homeschool. Thank you that even when it's rough, you are in the midst of it, cheering me on, whether I am listening or not. Thank you for patience. Thank you for littles who are learning about You, even if it feels like we haven't accomplished much else. What could be more important? Thank you for wisdom as You've helped me work this out, and for littles who are cooperative and excited. Thank you for never giving up on Your children, no matter how much we pout . . . or stomp . . . or whine. Thank you for loving us through the tough stuff and teaching me in the midst of it. Thank You. Thank you for 49 years of blessings, for 49 birthdays--and for the people I love to celebrate them with me! Thank you for birds coming home for a visit! My heart is full.
Blessings from my nest ~
Tina








3 comments:
Oh Tina, I'm so glad that you had such a special birthday! You are amazing and I'm grateful that your friends and family helped you to feel that way!
I'm also glad that you are enjoying homeschooling more. I'll pray that it continues (more and more).
Oh, what a beautiful post. :) So glad you had a wonderful birthday week. Mike always teases me that I have a birthday "week" or birthday "month." I think that is how it should be, don't you?
Sorry for the homeschooling slump. That can be hard. When we homeschooled I'd just let us slump sometimes. I'd pretend I was a unschooler...even though I really wasn't. :) But, I'd pretend it was my philosophy for a while, and we'd just read a lot of books together. :)
hee hee I meant AN unschooler. That grammar mistake probably doesn't give you a lot of confidence in my advice does it?
Post a Comment