Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I feel overdue . . .


. . . it has been exactly nine months today (Tuesday, March 11) since I saw Teddi's face for the first time. On June 11, 2007, I opened an email from rainbowkids.com that contained this precious picture of Teddi. She was listed as "Zoe" as is common with "waiting children" lists --to protect her identity. Upon making a phone call to her agency we learned that her Chinese name was Fu Xiao, and within 24 hours the "paperchase" for our girl had begun! Nine months ago this sweet face was conceived in my heart . . . I am officially "overdue"!

One more little tidbit . . .

The name Theadora means "Gift of God".
Yesterday this was the scripture on my daily calender that sits here on my desk, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:7

I know that God's timing is perfect and in His time, his gift to us will come home! In the meantime I will wait . . . just like I did with my other four babies--it may just take a bit longer this time around. . . and that's okay, I can do it.

We love you sweet girl, and we will hold you soon!

Blessings~

T~

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Tina,

I'm so glad you visit my blog...lurking is not a problem with me but I am glad you introduced yourself, it's nice to meet other TX bloggers that love the Lord and has a heart for adoption. Your family is BEAUTIFUL! I got tickled when I saw your first picture entry, I immediately thought, oh looks like she has a Hayden and then I read that Brady is your comic relief then I knew you had a Hayden. :-)
It does seem we do have a lot in common and I hope to get to know you better and am excited I will get to follow your journey to China. Teddi is absolutely adorable! What a blessing she will be to your family.

I know you are so proud of Bryce. I support and appreciate our troops so much!

I love your blog name, I am a bird lover myself! Lets keep in touch...I'll put you on my favorites and keep a check on your progress...COME ON LOA!!!

Have a great and blessed day,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Tina,

I sent you an email-from the WC site. I am sending prayers that your LOA comes soon. I know how frustrating it can be to want it and not have it. I have been there.
Keeping fingers crossed,
Tamara