Thursday, March 13, 2008

One Hundred Days

I so hoped that the wait for our LOA would never hit the 100 day mark, but here we are on March 13, 2008 . . . exactly 100 days since our log in date of December 4, 2007. I just flipped my daily calender and this is the quote for today --

"Peace with God brings the peace of God. It is a peace that settles our nerves, fills our mind, floods our spirit, and in the midst of the uproar around us, gives us the assurance that everything is all right." --Bob Mumford

Thank you Lord for the reassurance that everything is all right and Teddi's time will come!

I found this letter a few days ago . . . I wrote it exactly ten months ago today on May 13th, 2007


To my Teddi,

Where are you my girl? It’s Mother’s Day 2007, and I am so very blessed as a mom, but a piece of my “mother’s heart” is still missing. I have been waiting for you for so long now my sweet girl. I have been praying about you for eight long years. It seems like a very long time to me! Much has gone on in those eight years, your big brothers Bryce and Brady and your sister Taylor have nearly grown up! And your brother Brogan was born three years ago, but one thing has never changed, and that is my yearning to find you and bring you home to us!

I felt the Lord speak to my heart on February 13th of this year; He told me that you were on your way! My heart leaped! Yesterday, May 12th I believe that He said “Yes” to us coming to China to get you! Right now I don’t know how old you are, or even where you are. I don’t know how we will make the way to China, but I do know that God’s promises are TRUE, and that He will make the way! After all He promised you to me, to us, to our family. I know it seems a very complicated way to start your life, but please know that in my heart I have loved you since the day you were born! I can only pray that you are cared for and happy, and that someone is kissing your soft cheeks, while you wait for us to come get you! I pray that God will hold you gently in His care until I can find you and bring you home. I dream of the day you will read this, and I pray that you will know that I was meant to be your mama, that it was always God’s plan for you to be a part of this family.

We are missing you; we are looking for you and praying for you. And some day soon we will hold you close, and you will be our girl. Our Theadora, our “Teddi” girl, our “Gift from God”, because His word is TRUE!

I love you baby girl,

Your Mama


Oh sweet girl, we have found you! And we are so close, so very, very close . . .

T~

4 comments:

Ohilda said...

Tina,

Your faith inspires me. That you for being such a faithful servant.

I can't wait to log on here and read that your LOA is finally here!

Much love,

Ohilda

Anonymous said...

If you posts things like that you have to say "Tissue needed" first girl!!! I am crying all over the keyboard. That is such a beautiful letter to Teddi! She will cherish that for the rest of her life!
:)
Tracy

Kim said...

Isn't it awesome how God gives us what we need excatly when we need it.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

HUGS,
Kim

Kim said...

I sure can't spell tonight.:-)

Kim