Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Three Sons

Thought I should keep things balanced in the picture department and share with everyone, my handsome young men . . .





Oh how I love these guys! This picture was taken during Christmas break while Bryce was home on leave. My kids all love to hang out together. I love that about my kids.

Bryce is about two-thirds of the way through the training it takes to become a Survival Instructor for the Air Force. He has endured living in the wild for ten plus days at a time in sub-zero temperatures . . . sleeping in a frozen sleeping bag, in a shelter of his own making. . . in deep,deep snow. . . . his breath freezing in icicles as he exhaled (not things a mom really wants to know)! And that was just to start things off . . . He has hiked miles in snowy mountain terrain carrying a 70 pound pack . . . for days. He has done Urban Evasion and Desert Evasion, and in the morning he is headed out once again, this time to the Washington coast, to do water survival training. I knew my baby (sorry Bryce) was tough, but now I know he is tough to the extreme!

Brady is my middle man . . . my newest driver, my homeschooler, my comedian, my night owl guitar playing teenager. Each day I am reminded by my "out of the box" thinking boy, that every child is different . . . that what worked for one, probably won't work for another. God has taught me through Brady that I need to parent "outside the box". That can be scary sometimes, definitely challenging . . . always an adventure! Thank you Brady for all you teach me! And thank you for the countless ways you show Brogan what a great big brother looks like!

Brogan is a wonderful mix of silly and serious. He makes me slow down and remember . . . that in life, it is important to play! Have you played today? Brogie is my "big brother in training". I think that he truly believes that once we get Teddi, he will grow at least two feet in stature! After all, his big brothers are REALLY big . . . how could it not happen to him? I hope that he is not disappointed to find, when we all arrive home from China, that he will still wears the same size clothes and shoes . . . and probably still needs a step stool to brush his teeth! You will be a great big brother, Brogie!

I am a proud mama, and I love my three sons!

Blessings~

T~

2 comments:

Margaret M said...

I love this post about your sons. So excited about my son...we got new pics yesterday! I wonder what he will be like...I think a little mischevious!

The Ferrill's said...

I just love this post and the post below about your precious children! Teddi is so loved already and she will be so blessed by all her sweet siblings! ;)