Monday, April 14, 2008

Xiao Xiao!!

Another sweet report from afar . . . I asked my friend Tracy if she could remember what name they called Teddi when she and Katie visited the orphanage, so she asked Kate (Hai Shun) and this was the report . . .

"Tina, I just asked Katie and she said they call her Xiao Xiao...it sounds like the first syllable in shower twice... does that make sense to you . . . I was thinking about how to write in phonetically, but can't!:) Katie is jumping on the bed saying Shou Shou... She loves her!"


Thank you big sister Kate for the report! And for your love for our girl!

So my Zhu Fu Xiao is "Xiao Xiao" which means "smile, smile"! I'm lovin' it! I have wondered for so long what the nannies called Teddi and now I know. It warms my heart that when she arrived at the orphanage, as a two day old infant with a wide open cleft lip, that she was given the name Fu Xiao. Fu meaning fortune or blessing, and Xiao (shou) meaning SMILE . . . such a representation of hope for a tiny little one . . . and just look at her now!

I can't wait to meet my smiling blessing!

To my Xiao Xaio ~ We will be there soon baby, and we will be bringing with us more love than you can imagine!

Blessings~

T~

2 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

It is so special to know what name our children go by in China! We still from time to time call K & Q 'An An' and 'Bao Bao'! It is a part of her history that she will always have!
You are SO blessed to get all this info!

Kim said...

and look at her now is right....so precious and what a blessing she already is to your family. I know how it warmed you heart to get the report on her...Xiao Xiao..what a blessing Kate is to you and to her new family...does Kate's mom have a blog that she shares...i would love to keep up with how she is doing.

it won't be long now mama and Xiao Xiao will be in your arms...and I am going to be celebrating with you!!

Hugs,
Kim