Monday, July 28, 2008

Little Summer Delights

Catching up on some pictures of my littlest delights, enjoying the simple things in life . . .



Donuts with sprinkles, followed by a donut hole chaser, 'cause the donut shop lady was extra nice! Doesn't Flit look cute "in" sprinkles?

A car ride for ice cream after a bath and p.j.s. . . . and the delight of hearing, "You mean we get to go in our jammies?" Yes, indeed . . . little summer delights!

The Grinner didn't want to be photographed, but instead desired to do a little photography of his own . . . I bring you The Grinner's close-up titled, The End of the Lemon Sorbet!

Summertime delights must include water. The Grinner fills the pool, while Flit attempts to "catch a big one"!

Reel it in Flit! How's the pool filling coming along Grinner?

Uh-oh Grinner, the water is out of control and your sister is NOT happy . . .

either that or her "big one" got away!

Pool filling is accomplished and all is well with the world!

I love summer!


Even when it rains . . . Don't look now, but Flit stopped flitting, she was mesmerised!


A little walk in the rain . . .

"I'll always keep you covered Flit."

Yes, indeed . . . little summer delights!

Time for an update/praise report . . .

Flit finished antibiotics today which she has been taking for a Staph infection--a bit scary! If you look at the pool pictures above you can see a boil on Flit's belly (This was taken before we knew we had trouble or she wouldn't have been in the pool!) Anyway, she's had these red marks appear and disappear since Gotcha (and before that, as I had noticed them in her pics while she was still in the orphanage). Neither pediatrician that I showed them to at her previous appointments seemed to know what they were, or much care--Although it did bother me that they kept springing up out of nowhere, and about the time two or three would go away, she'd get a couple of new ones. Anyway, this particular one on her belly, and another one on her backside got bacteria in them and turned very scary looking. The doc did a culture for Staph (just in case), and immediately started her on antibiotics. Three days later the culture came back positive, it also showed resistance to the antibiotic that they had prescribed. So three days in (and showing much improvement) we switched antibiotics. She had her last dose of the second antibiotic today! Woohooo! I have continued to use the topical antibiotic that they prescribed as well, and I think she is about as good as new! Poor baby, on the night that they (the icky boils) were at their worst, she couldn't sleep she was so uncomfortable. Thankfully Flit is flitting again--honestly it didn't slow her down for more than a day or two! And she took the awful (and strong) antibiotics like a trooper . . . no complaints, as long as mama had a few Smarties to chase away the nastiness! The best part is, no new red dots have appeared for the first time in over two months! Thank you Lord!

Okay, I said short update . . . and it's late. One more thing, Taye is home safe and sound from Mexico, and she had a wonderful, life changing (I think she would say) time. She spent several days at an orphanage, and came home carrying many little ones in her heart. We are thankful to have her home. We are even more thankful for the opportunity she was given to shine her light, and in return to be touched by God's goodness.

He delights in His children!

Blessings from my nest, I'm delighted to share with you!

Tina


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sprinkles! Flit is a girl after my own heart! Thanks for your sweet note. Miss you and check your blog daily for pictures and news.
Love,
Melissa

Francisco Z Rodriguez said...

That is a super umbrella, I need to get me one.

Bonnie said...

Wow, you are one amazing Momma!
I am so grateful for your heart Tina.
Reading your words blesses me so.
Thanks...and thanks for the many, faithful, God fearing prayers!

He is faithful,
Bonnie

Kim said...

Teddi makes that donut look so yummy.

I love the pictures of brother and sister playing together in the pool and in the rain...that is something Max and I have not done yet....play in the rain...i guess it has to rain first :-)

I am so glad for both you and Teddi that she is through taking all of her medicine. I pray she is completely healed from the Staph.

I want to thank you for your sweet comment, but most of all thank you for the prayer...you are such an encourager...I truly feel like you are a true and treasured friend!

Love you,
Kim

The Ferrill's said...

What a truly delightful summer!
We have battled staff before and it is no fun, so I am so thankful your sweet little baby bird is better!
And what a praise that Taylor is already at such a young age able to use her gifts and talents on mission trips with orphans!!!!! It will be neat to see how the Lord will continue to use her for His Kingdom!
It's great to catch up on your family happenings. I always love reading your blog!