Friday, September 19, 2008

Four Months Ago Today . . .

we met our little China bird for the first time. She was tiny, and scared, and precious, oh so precious. I know I've said this before, but the sight of her took my breath away. The pain of the wait was over, and our new life together began in that one breathless instant.


Last night I found a "fortune" that I had saved months ago in one of my jacket pockets. It read "Big journeys begin with a single step." On May 19, 2008, our little Theadora Fu Xiao took a single tiny step toward her new family . . . her big journey had begun!


Would you look at her now?!


Oh how far you have come little bird . . . flying ever so bravely into your new life. We are so proud of you Teddi Winder, we are so very blessed to call you ours.


Below is a short little video of that breathless moment when I met my girl . . . and her very brave first step on her big journey HOME!





We love you, our sweet, brave girl.

Blessings from my "still pinching myself" nest ~

Tina



9 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Tina...that is the sweetest video...it was so precious how she so gently held her little arms out for the doll when you handed it to her...so nervous and apprehensive...she sure had her eye on Brogie, her soon to be best friend and partner in crime. Thanks for sharing!

The picture of Teddi in the swing with the piggy tails is OVER THE TOP CUTE!! She is a beautiful little girl!

Love you my friend,
Kim

Patientlywaiting said...

Tina,

I too love the pig tails! Where do you get your hair bows? I love them but not sure I could get Miss
Claire to leave them in her hair! The video was so sweet. You could see how timid she was and how very brave she was being. Boy, has she blossomed since then.

Love,
Robin

Anonymous said...

OH, the pigtails are TOO CUTE!!! Is Flit enjoying her swing? I remember the boys had one of those and loved it. What a brave and wonderful girl you have!
Love,
Melissa

Ohilda said...

Oh, Tina. It's almost impossible to watch that video without tears. I could only imagine the fear that she had as she was nudged towards you. God amazingly prepared her little heart for your family and it shows.

Hugs,

Ohilda

Sarah said...

Oh Tina, the video made me very teary-eyed. Teddi is so sweet and I can definitely see your joy at finally seeing your girl. Thank you for sharing this.
Blessings,
Sarah

The Ferrill's said...

Oh that video just gave me chills! So fun to remember...
Tina you have such a way of words...your comment on our site about "fall" and "Candie Leaf"...you are a jewel!
Your Teddi just shines. She must follow your example!

Elissa said...

Wow-- what a cutie! Congratulations on your 4 month anniversary! We just celebrated 6 months with our sweetie.

Blessings,
Elissa, Kyle and Lily
San Antonio too!

Margaret M said...

So sweet! I loved the video and seeing how far she has come in just a few short months. It is trully amazing what living in a loving nest will do fro a little bird. You are all soooo blessed!

Tammy Pearson said...

That is so sweet, I am crying and I don't even know why...I love seeing that video, started my day off very sweet.
Tammy