1) One Houston evacuee, Frankie "The Fiance".
2) A five minute rain shower on Saturday, yes five minutes.
3) And today, unbelievably cool "open the windows" weather.
I guess you could say we got the rainbow side of the storm. We were very blessed.
I don't mean to make light of a very heavy subject. Many people (in many places) are suffering in Ike's aftermath. Please remember to pray for them, as well as all of those involved in the relief efforts.
Frankie returned to Houston tonight. His apartment is fine, but with no power--it could be weeks. He will stay with a friend who has power until power is restored in his neighborhood. Frankie's workplace received considerable damage, so work may also be moved temporarily. We are glad Frankie was here safe with us. May God keep all those in His care who have been affected by Ike.
On a sunnier note, I would like to share with you my smiling bouquet . . .
Blessings~
Tina







7 comments:
So glad to hear that Frankie was ok. The flowers are beautiful as is your smiling daughter!!! "Open the windows" weather is an unusual blessing for Texas in September--hallelujah! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for our little ladybug. No news yet.
Melissa
So glad to hear that you suffered minimal damage. There are definitely silver linings to each gray cloud.
That bouquet of flowers is so pretty, but the little blessing behind it is just adorable!
Hugs,
Ohilda
Happy to hear that you are all okay!!! Here is to the end of Hurricane Season!!! Love the bouquet!
oooh, I am so glad that he was safe...has he said how Houston area is...I have many friends there and haven't heard from them...we always communicated through emails so I guess until power is back on, I won't be able to get in touch with them...did he say that Houston was pretty bad...I have been so scared for all my friends...him being okay gives me a lot of hope.
Tina I'm so glad you're loved ones are safe. I will pray for those still recovering from the storm. What a beautiful bouquet and beautiful little butterfly behind it! ;)
And your post below, about pinching yourself that your girl, Teddi Winder, is home...oh Tina. So very perfect. You put into words how I feel so often about Kimmie and Quan. More and more I have those pinching moments...Wow. God is amazing. And thank you for your comment at the end for us who are waiting. Once again, I will experience those pinch myself moments with Candace...and though I battle fear and anxiety over the unknowns of older child adoption, I know God will make a way for me to see HIM through it all. I only pray my eyes are steadfast on HIM!
You are a dear dear friend...I drank some sweet tea with my dinner tonight and thought of you! ;)
Love,
Laine
I'm glad that sweet future son-in-law of yours is Okay. My sister in law lives in the suburb of Houston and she is also without power. I hope they can get everyones power restored quickly.
There has been a cool nip in the air in East TX too, and I am loving it...it is really spoiling me...although it has stirred up my allergies, I am so hoarse I sound like a man that is a smoker or something. NOT GOOD....every night in bed we sing songs with Max and you should have heard me...not pleasant that's for sure!
The flowers are BEAUTIFUL but not as BEAUTIFUL as the little girl that is peeking out over them. I love that picture of Miss Teddi!
Thanks so much for all the encouragement you give me...you always have the perfect words that touch my heart...just know the Lord uses you...BIG TIME!!! So thank you my sweet SA friend.
Enjoy the flowers and enjoy the brisk cool days.
Love you,
Kim
So glad that your future son-in-law is o.k.
Teddi is just adorable. What a precious girl.
Thank you so much for the encouragement on our blog. You are so thoughtful. We're still waiting to hear something, but are confident that it will be soon.
This morning I was thanking God that though the wait was hard with our other three adopted children, we do have them now! So, I know that once Grace is here, the pain of the waiting will fade away.
Blessings,
Sarah
Post a Comment