Sunday, September 28, 2008

Teddi's Surgery . . . Journey of a Smile

As we await Teddi's palate surgery on Tuesday morning, I thought I would share a few pictures of her smiling journey thus far. We are beyond blessed to have received many, many pictures from Teddi's Zhuhai caregivers of the first three years of her life. What a treasure.


This first one was taken shortly before the surgery to repair her lip. She was almost six months old. My precious baby girl . . . oh how I wish I had known her then . . . but it wasn't our time yet . . .



About a month post-op, nearing seven months old. Amazing. Thank you Lord for your healing touch on my baby girl even as you were helping us find our way to her.

I just love this picture of my little bird . . . waiting to be found . . .

Our little smiling Xiao Xiao, nearing three I believe, as we are working our way to China! Say cheese!

A peek at what we are going to fix on Tuesday morning . . . if you don't want to see an open palate, don't look . . .
Please pray that Teddi's surgery will go smoothly, and that this gap will be no more! Pray for a quick recovery, and that we can keep this little eating machine happy on her soon to be very restricted soft diet.
Pray for this mama's heart that I will have peace, as I turn my baby girl over into other's capable hands. I know that God is her protector, and that He will be her comforter as well.


Oh how I love this girl!


I would ask you to pray for another little China girl as well, many of my blogger friends already know Susannah and her story, but for those of you who don't. . .


Susannah is almost three and just arrived home from China last week. Gotcha day for Susannah took place in a hospital room, where her parent's arrived to find their daughter desperately ill. Prayers began to circle the globe for this little one and God strengthened Susannah's heart, and moved mountains to expedite her journey home. Susannah will undergo a 10-12 hour open heart surgery on Tuesday. Please pray that God will continue to work His mighty miracles in this tiny girl! You can follow Susannah's story here.


Thank you for your prayers.


Blessings from my nest~

Tina

9 comments:

Patientlywaiting said...

Those are oh so precious pictures of Teddi. What a gift to have some pictures of her as an infant. We will certainly be praying for Teddi, your family and the doctors tomorrow. We would love to come visit her at the hospital. I will call you please just tell me if it will be too much for all of you.

Hugs,
Robin

Sarah said...

Oh, Tina, what beautiful pictures of your sweet girl. I will certainly be praying for Teddi.
Blessings,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Tina,

How wonderful to have the baby pictures of Teddi! Hard to believe the caregivers had time to take them but very caring of them to do for the future families. Teddi has always been beautiful. We are praying for skillful hands and a quick recovery.
Love, Karen

Vivian said...

My dear friend,
Thank you for sharing your precious girl with us. She is truly a blessing!
We are praying for you and your little bird.

Dear Lord, Please be with my dear friend, Tina and her precious little bird tomorrow as the are off to see the surgeons.
We pray that Your hand will guide the doctor's hands. Please be with Teddi during the surgery, and while she is recovering.
And, dear Lord, please be with Tina, Bryan and Teddi's brothers and sister too. Give them a large measure of Your peace.
We thank You for bringing this family together and blessing them with Your love.
In Your name.
Amen

We love you all!
Let us know how it goes.
Love,
Alycia

Ohilda said...

Tina,

What a blessing to have all those pictures.

I will be praying all day tomorrow for little Teddi. Please keep us posted.

Much love,

Ohilda

The Ferrill's said...

Tina, praying praying praying tomorrow for Teddi AND Susannah. I know Teddi will do great.
What a sweet journey of a smile in these pictures.
Her palate looks so much like Quan's did! Now, his palate is BEAUTIFUL and CLOSED! Praise God!

BigOrangeDog said...

We will be thinking of Teddi tomorrow! Hoping everything goes smoothly and your smiley girl feels better soon. We'll be checking here for updates!

Love from a hopefully-soon-to-be-Zhuhai-mama!
Jen

Tammy Pearson said...

Oh how God has blessed you as a family and this little girl by giving you to one another....and He will do it again....we will be praying for her and you as a family....children are so resilent and strong, she will be so much better...I pray that God will bless you with the desires of your heart....Psalms 37

Sarah said...

I've been thinking of Teddi and your family all day. I pray that the surgery went wonderfully and that Teddi is resting comfortably in your arms.
Blessings,
Sarah