Thursday, November 27, 2008

Oh Give Thanks To The Lord

. . .  for he is good!  For his steadfast love endures forever.  Psalm 107:1

This Thanksgiving night I have been sitting here going through many of the photographs held within my computer . . .  and my heart overflows.  We are beyond blessed.  We have families who love us and despite the distance that divides us, we remain close in heart.  We have health, which we too often take for granted.  We have a warm home, and food in abundance, fresh water to drink, cars to drive, and a job that is secure in a time of insecurity.  We worship the Lord freely, something else we often take for granted. We have a marriage that is going on 25 years strong, big children and small children, and a home where love abounds, and laughter resounds!  This nest is BLESSED . . .


Oh how I love them . . .
I am thankful for my firstborn bird who has flown from my nest and is soaring beautifully on his own.  I am thankful for the uniform and the beret that he wears, which along with representing our country, speak volumes for Bryce's dedication to be all that God has called him to be!  I love that this bird will call me on his lunch hour sometimes just to catch up.  This bird is flying home for Christmas and that makes me a happy mama!
I am thankful for my Taylor bird, who is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.   Taylor's heart for others blesses me big.  Taye does nothing half-way, but gives everything her best.  That is a lot to juggle when you are a full time student with a demanding job in ministry. Despite her full plate, Taylor always finds time to pour into her younger siblings.  To top that off, she is now a fiance.  In six short months my darling bird will fly away in marriage, and  I will gain a son-in-law bird, Frankie.  I know that Frankie will take care of my girl. . . My family is growing, indeed I have much to be thankful for.
I am grateful for my middle guy Brady, my comic relief.  Brady marches to his own drum and teaches me daily, to think outside my mom box.  Brady is loud, and rowdy, and sixteen . . .  He has learned to drive this past year, and I must say I am thankful for his great sense of responsibility. Brady has also taught himself to play some amazing guitar . . . and keyboard . . . and synthesizer.  I am thankful for his talents, and that he uses them! Brady loves the Lord, and the Lord has given Brady a unique view of the world which I see as a definite strength.  Brady is sweet to his younger siblings and will invite them into his room to "hang out".  What could be better?

And then there's  this guy!  As I was looking through my photos tonight I found this picture of my Brogie "holding" his sister . . .
And just this morning I snapped this picture of my Brogie "holding" his sister.  If a picture is worth a thousand words, this speaks volumes . . .  Last Thanksgiving my heart ached to hold a child we only knew in pictures.  This year we hold her.  We hear her laugh, and we see her eyes light up. We see how our littlest guy has changed and grown to meet the challenge of becoming a big brother.  I am thankful for Brogan's patience and unending love for his new sister.  I am thankful that from the moment Teddi laid eyes on Brogan it was "big brother" love at first sight. I am thankful for Teddi's bravery, and for her happy heart that quickly "let us in" to be her family. My heart overflows for these two blessing, who came along later in life, but were so worth the wait.  They are pure joy!  Okay, they are messy, and noisy, and sometimes they double team me . . . but I'm countin' it all joy!

We had a great Thanksgiving today, full of feast and fellowship.  We were invited to Frankie's grandparents to join in their family celebration.  We missed our own families in Michigan, Indiana, Florida, and North Carolina, but we were blessed to be a part of another family -- especially one we will soon have ties to by marriage!  Thank you Zamora Family for welcoming us in!  

Thank you Lord for your bountiful blessings to us.  My heart overflows.

Blessings from my thankful nest ~

Tina



8 comments:

Jenn said...

You have so much to be thankful for! What a beautiful family you have! We will have to get all together some day!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Blessings,
Jenn

Margaret M said...

So happy that you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving! A very blessed nest indeed!

Sarah said...

What a blessed and beautiful family!!
Love,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

LOVE all the photos! Thanks for that sweet note, dear friend. I miss you often, too. Busy busy after our trip, but will post photos/info soon!

Ohilda said...

Your family is indeed beautiful and blessed! Thank you for sharing tidbits about each of your sweeties.

Many hugs,

Ohilda

Kim said...

Hey Friend Friend,

Thank you my sweet friend for all the precious comments and emails. I knew there would be prayers coming from Texas...I appreciate them more than you will ever know.

I love your photos...the family photo is so precious but the last photo with Brogie and Teddi...that is priceless! Too ADORABLE!

And YES, a jam session with Brogie and Max on their guitars would be super cool but Teddi and Vivi must be the vocals in their band :-D

Hugs and love you much,
Kim

Taylor and Frankie Rodriguez said...

Love this post!

Thanks for teaching your birds to be thankful and providing much to be thankful for!

Love you!

The Shifflett Family said...

What a beautiful family and so much to be thankful for! I can only imagine how proud you are of all of them. Take care and God bless. Doris