These pictures are actually from the beginning of December. I'm trying to catch up . . .
Four years ago Bryan was deployed for Christmas. I didn't want to "deal with" a real tree alone, so I bought an artificial pre-lit tree . . . which we have used ever since. This year Bry said it was time to go back to the old way, the REAL way, the good smelling way. We both grew up in Michigan, the land of Christmas trees, and our families always had real trees.
Let me tell you, cutting a Christmas tree in a dusty Texas field wasn't quite the same as the snowy Michigan treks for trees that I remember, but it's real, and it smells good! And we made a sweet family memory with our new girl in tow, and that's what matters.
Let the search begin . . .
Dad instructs Brady from the "How to Cut a Tree Perfectly" manual, written by Dad -- of course!
Good work Brady! Teddi helps Baba load it up . . .
Here we go . . . time to pay for the tree, and buy a nice cold Coke for the trip home, hot and dusty. Definitely not cocoa drinking weather.
What do you do when you are four, and Dad and Mom are taking too long to get the tree ready to decorate?
If you are The Grinner, you make a large purple explanation point on a piece of paper, you hold it up, and do what you do best, you GRIN! Point taken, Grinner!
Finally, it's time to decorate! "This is how you do it, Ted."
Sweet girl hangs a special ladybug ornament with her name on it. It was sent by one of our Zhuhai group friends last Christmas, and it adorned our tree while we were waiting. What a joy to pull it out this year and see Teddi hang it up! Thank you Karen!
The finished product, covered in memories.
Merry Christmas Teddi girl, we're so happy you're home!
Blessings from my thankful Christmas nest ~
Tina







7 comments:
Oh Tina, I know you all made wonderful memories that Teddi will never forget.
I Love the picture of Taylor carrying Teddi...Love Miss cool in her shades...Love the pink peacoat...Love the Grinner's grin...Love your beautiful Christmas tree...Love you my friend!
Kim
What wonderful memories you are making! Your tree is beautiful!
Joy
Texas trees really do not look that different than Michigan ones! It is all the grass that is different--we cut ours down in about 3 feet of snow!! The girls and I did and it made some memories to be sure.
God is awesome!!
What precious memories you have to "treasure up in your heart."
We have a fire today and I am finishing up cards, gifts and getting stuff ready to mail. Keep soaking up Jesus my friend.!!
He is faithful,
Bonnie
What a great family outting! But yes, I can imagine how difficult it was to be sweet with so many people weighing in on the right tree!
How wonderful to have Teddi home with you this Christmas. She looks adorable next to the tree. What a gift indeed.
Merrry Christmas,
Monica
Oh, Tina, I had to laugh at your reminder that you were making "sweet" memories here! We've definitely been there before!
But it looks like you definitely succeeded. The tree is beautiful. But, more importantly, the memories and your family are beautiful indeed!
Blessings to you,
Sarah
"hearing" you say you hung the ladybug ornament last year waiting for Teddi reminded me we listened to Third Day's song Merry Christmas a ton last year and thought of you. Now the ending has come true too. Give it a listen.
What a fun tree adventure--one we always miss out on with our "life-like" tree (One of my new friends calls the fake trees that!)
We have our 5 family member ornament that I bought for last Christmas still hanging prominently on the tree. Hopefully next Christmas we'll all be here!
Missing you dear friend!
Melissa
Post a Comment