Thankfulness. Last year we had a party . . . presents . . . balloons . . . a ladybug cake . . . and candles blown out by Grinner. We had everything but the girl, only photographs of her sweet face. This year we have the girl, and oh is she everything we prayed for and so much more.
Delight. We celebrated Teddi's (pretend, as Brogan calls it) birthday on New Year's day, before Bryce left. She was so excited she beamed . . . it was all about her, and she knew it. Delight!
Shock. When I wake up in the morning I will be the mama to TWO four year olds. I am 45 years old! Why does this still shock me? Life is good.
Awe. As I have mentioned before, I have those "pinch yourself moments" when I realize that a nine year old promise from the Lord has been fulfilled and I do indeed have a daughter from China . . . she was born in 2005, while I waited faithfully (most of the time) for God to bring about His plan.
Longing. For a way to let Teddi's birth mother know that her baby girl is safe. That she is loved beyond measure. That she is happy and healthy, and so very funny. That her dark eyes sparkle. That her voice is squeaky and her laughter is pure, silly joy! My mamas heart weighs heavy this day for another mother's heart. . . the heart that beat a song of comfort to my little bird while she was carried in the womb of a woman I'll never know. My own heart cannot grasp the emotion of it all. The loss. How do I say thank you for an indescribable treasure who is now my own daughter? It's beyond me. I have no words . . . only tears.
Gratefulness. That God would orchestrate something so perfect. That the baby girl I prayed for by name, for years before she was born, would come to me with a tiny teddy bear embroidered on the collar of her shirt. Oh Lord, how marvelous are your works!
Pride. I am so very proud of you little bird! Teddi, you have flown a great distance in your four years of life. You are delicately strong. You are brave. You are happy . . . a happy that comes from within, despite circumstance.
Thank you Lord for our little bird, may you bless her birthday . . . and may You keep her tucked under Your wing all of her days!
Blessings from my celebrating nest ~
Tina
Party pictures to follow soon . . . I had to get my thoughts down first.







8 comments:
A very happy birthday to your beautiful Teddi! What a wonderful day she will have celebrating her birthday with her forever family.
Tina, you have so eloguently expressed many of the thoughts and feelings I have but can never find the right words for. You have such a gift for expressing your beautiful heart.
Enjoy your happy day!
Tina,
What a beautiful post. I agree you are a gifted writer. One of your many talents friend!
Happy Birthday, Teddi! Enjoy your day! Claire and I will try to stop by with a special birthday surprise! We have to get dressed sometime first! :)
Hugs,
Robin
Happy Birthday Little Bird!
We rejoice that you are 4 years old today, and celebrating with your very own Forever Family!
We are happy to be able to be a small part of your life.
We love you, Teddi!
Alycia, John, Audra and Sophia
Tina,
This truly is a beautiful post. And I absolutely agree that you are a wonderful writer!
Happy Birthday, sweet Teddi!
Blessings,
Sarah
Happy Birthday Teddi! We have prayed for you and you are home!
Whoa, Tina. My writing will never compare to yours. Thank you for sharing your heart with us! Teddi has a special gift stack sitting on Katie's bed right now. I will try to get it in the mail to you very soon! Hoping for news very soon!
Love,
Melissa
happy happy birthday sweet Teddi from your forever connected friend Van and family! We too cannot find the words to express the joy we feel for you and your family. What a miracle indeed for all of us so fortunate to have been forever linked by our journey and experience. Happiness and smiles always!!
Happy 4th birthday to Teddi! She is one blessed litte girl! I like the new look of your blog. I am 45 years old with a 3 year old and another 3 year very soon! I know how you feel! Take care and God bless. Doris
Happy Birthday sweet Teddi girl!
There you go again...writing one of those amazing post.....girl you need to write a book or something, but you can't ever quit writing on your blog because I get so much joy and encouragement from your post!
I hope Teddi's special day was marvelous!!
Love you sweet friend,
Kim
Post a Comment