All of my birds were in one place, it was a wonderful day!
(I will add it to the bottom of this post for
anyone who cares to read it.)
A.J.'s teenage daughter Erin, took all of these wonderful pictures
for us, and I didn't even have to ask
--Erin, you blessed my heart!
A tired "dedicated" Teddi, after church.
A Happy Father's Day snuggle between daddy and Brogan
outside the church. Shortly afterwards we headed out for
a yummy Chinese Buffet to celebrate with friends.
Once home mama took a few more pictures.
The Grinner is still grinning-- and sweating
from chasing his new sister around the yard!
Sweet girl, trying hard to be still . . .
But when your're three, still is so hard . . .
"I want off of this chair!"
She did pause to snuggle with mama, and was quite
entertained by the fact that Brogan was now
taking pictures. Great shot Brogie!
As I said it was a wonderful Father's Day. I am blessed beyond measured when I look at our new family picture and there are seven of us in it! God has done marvelous things for us, indeed He has!
Thank you Bry, as you have now celebrated your 22nd Father's Day! Our children are blessed to call you Dad.
Thank you Heavenly Father for these sweet blessings you have bestowed on us . . . Bryce, Taylor, Brady, Brogan and Teddi . . . Our nest is full, we are forever blessed!
Blessings~
Blessings~
Tina
The story of Teddi’s name . . .
Nearly nine years ago God planted a seed of adoption in my heart, and I began to pray—first for my husband to come on board, which he did, and then for God to bring His promise to fruition. My heart of hearts over all of these years was to adopt a daughter from China.
From the very start God had given me the name Theadora, which means Gift of God. He would use this name, as well as the nickname Teddi, over the years to reassure me of His plan. As the years passed, and the wait grew on, I would pray, asking God to confirm once again that this was indeed still His plan for us— and always within a day the name Theadora or Teddi would come up. God used magazine articles, clothing labels, movie credits, emails— Once after praying, I even saw the name Teddi on the side of a large truck! God knows when we need BIG signs!
In the spring of 2007, our pastor gave a call to prayer and challenged anyone who was waiting on, or wanting something from God to simply ASK Him! I leaned to Bryan and said, “I’m asking to go to China!” Honestly, I was tired of waiting. We stood together, and we shared our hearts with our elders (love you Dave and Donna) and they faithfully prayed over us.
Only two more months would pass, before God would reveal His plan. On June 11th, 2007 (one year ago this past week) we received an email from a waiting children’s list, and on that list was our little Zhu Fu Xiao, a cleft lip and palate baby. She was two years old and waiting for her family, our family! God had graciously provided the finances, and our journey to Teddi began. It was a long year of paperwork and planning, and an agonizing wait to meet our girl and bring her home. We are forever grateful to our family and friends, and to our Community Group who held us up in prayer through it all. At times the going got rough, but they never failed us -- nor did our Heavenly Father!
Nearly one month ago, in China, God poured out His long awaited promise on us. On May 19th our Theadora Fu Xiao, our Gift of God, was placed in our arms, and into our family forever. It was a day I will never forget. She came to us wearing a flouncy pink skirt, a tiny white top, and over the top, a denim shirt worn open as a jacket. On the collar of the denim shirt was embroidered a tiny teddy bear. When I laid eyes on my sweet girl she took my breath away. And then I spotted the bear, and I knew that God had put the final seal on His promise! It was our little Fu Xiao’s nannies who dressed her that final morning as they prepared her to leave her orphanage—but it was God who choose the outfit! He is forever faithful, and He always keeps His promises!
Nearly nine years ago God planted a seed of adoption in my heart, and I began to pray—first for my husband to come on board, which he did, and then for God to bring His promise to fruition. My heart of hearts over all of these years was to adopt a daughter from China.
From the very start God had given me the name Theadora, which means Gift of God. He would use this name, as well as the nickname Teddi, over the years to reassure me of His plan. As the years passed, and the wait grew on, I would pray, asking God to confirm once again that this was indeed still His plan for us— and always within a day the name Theadora or Teddi would come up. God used magazine articles, clothing labels, movie credits, emails— Once after praying, I even saw the name Teddi on the side of a large truck! God knows when we need BIG signs!
In the spring of 2007, our pastor gave a call to prayer and challenged anyone who was waiting on, or wanting something from God to simply ASK Him! I leaned to Bryan and said, “I’m asking to go to China!” Honestly, I was tired of waiting. We stood together, and we shared our hearts with our elders (love you Dave and Donna) and they faithfully prayed over us.
Only two more months would pass, before God would reveal His plan. On June 11th, 2007 (one year ago this past week) we received an email from a waiting children’s list, and on that list was our little Zhu Fu Xiao, a cleft lip and palate baby. She was two years old and waiting for her family, our family! God had graciously provided the finances, and our journey to Teddi began. It was a long year of paperwork and planning, and an agonizing wait to meet our girl and bring her home. We are forever grateful to our family and friends, and to our Community Group who held us up in prayer through it all. At times the going got rough, but they never failed us -- nor did our Heavenly Father!
Nearly one month ago, in China, God poured out His long awaited promise on us. On May 19th our Theadora Fu Xiao, our Gift of God, was placed in our arms, and into our family forever. It was a day I will never forget. She came to us wearing a flouncy pink skirt, a tiny white top, and over the top, a denim shirt worn open as a jacket. On the collar of the denim shirt was embroidered a tiny teddy bear. When I laid eyes on my sweet girl she took my breath away. And then I spotted the bear, and I knew that God had put the final seal on His promise! It was our little Fu Xiao’s nannies who dressed her that final morning as they prepared her to leave her orphanage—but it was God who choose the outfit! He is forever faithful, and He always keeps His promises!







7 comments:
This is a beautiful post. I love the story behind Teddi's name. Congratulations on her dedication and God Bless the entire nest. It is wonderful to see Teddi truly HOME.
Tina, Thanks for continuing to blog even after coming home. We love to hear how things are going. Miss you!
Love,
Melissa
Grinner takes great photos! Your two baby birds will forever be Grinner and Flit to me. You're such a beautiful blogger .......
Tina,
What a treasure your littlest bird is. I could just imagine God smiling down as you dedicated her back to Him.
I LOVE the story of her name. :)
Hugs,
Ohilda
Oh I love the story of her name too! And the dedication pics are precious, especially the one of the whole family! Teddi looks so delicate in her little dress....what a beautiful girl!
Tina,
The story about her name is precious. God is so awesome!!! I was so excited and moved when you received Teddi and she had a Teddy Bear on her shirt and I didn't even know the story....that is incredible!!!
As always your pictures are WONDERFUL! Teddi is such a cutie and the smocked dress....I LOVE IT!!
Kim
This was SUCH a FAITH BUILDER for me. I remember when my husband and I were driving home from the hospital after having our beautiful second baby boy and were discussing due to the difficulties I have during pregnancy that this was the last time we would bring another one into the world. During our conversation in the car I was shocked when he mentioned that possibility of adoption as a means to continue our family. I could not believe he was open to the idea. I think about it sometimes... yes, he is open to the idea but adoption does require SO MUCH... how will we come up with finances, handle the paperwork, the waiting. Is the idea just a dream, will we ever be able to really make it work? This entry reminds me that if it is truly God's plan for us to have another child He will make a way. Incredible!
Post a Comment