I just have to back up a bit, and share a few pictures of my girl in her Christmas dresses. I bought all three of these dresses before Teddi ever came home, and couldn't wait for the day when I would see her wear them. To give you an idea of my thrifty-ness (and God's provision for my baby girl) I found all three of these dresses, over a span of time, at consignment shops. Total cost for all three dresses (including one cute hat), $17.00! The joy of seeing my sweet China treasure home for Christmas and wearing the dresses that hung waiting in the closet for so long, priceless!
Wait . . . I just remembered, two of the dresses I found in Michigan while visiting my thrifty sister's, favorite kid's consignment shop. My sister had store credit at the shop both times, so I didn't even actually buy them, my sweet sis let me "buy" them using her store credit for what she had consigned! Thanks Aunt Me-me for the cuteness! My total cost, refigured . . . $4.00! The joy of seeing my girl . . . still priceless, even when she insists on accessorizing by sticking out her tongue! Love you Teddi girl!
A quick catch-up . . .
My oldest bird flew back to Spokane Friday night . . . it was so hard to let him go. He knew he would be leaving for Alaska shortly upon arrival back in Spokane--sometime Saturday or Sunday. Turns out he was scheduled to fly out at 5:00 a.m Saturday morning. So by the time he called us (Sat. afternoon) to say he had made it "home" he was in Anchorage! He was in Spokane for about four hours -- he landed, repacked, and flew, all while we were still asleep. He will be doing outdoor survival training for four days in Alaska--it was -47 (yes, negative 47 degrees, actual temp) when he stepped off the plane. If you think of him, please pray for his protection, and my peace of mind (while I ponder the fact that my baby is sleeping in a snow cave somewhere in the Arctic). I worry about him, but am so very thankful that he is not deployed. Please remember our troops (and their families) who are deployed, or are preparing to deploy. (Thinking of your Tyler, Linny.)
On the home front . . . our baby bird will turn four on Monday! We celebrated her birthday on New Years Day while we had everyone at home. It was a very special day for Teddi, and for us as well . . . especially after celebrating her birthday last year without her home. I will share all of the birthday pictures soon, hopefully on her actual day!
Blessings from my ever thankful nest ~
Tina







8 comments:
Your Teddi looks absolutely darling!! Her little picture was on my dashboard and I thought, "oh my gracious, who is that adorable picture of?" Silly me! Of course - it was YOUR Teddi! Love the one with the hat best!! And Happy Birthday Teddi - if you were nearby we could do lunch with all the kids tomorrow!
I immediately started praying when I read about your son.. -47? UGH...nightmares!! I am praying for you too...nothing harder I don't think.
T comes home Wednesday (Lord willing), driving from WA...he will be home a few days and then he deploys...when you mentioned him in your post I started to cry. YOU definitely know how hard this all is...THank you...
Much love from our snowy home,
Linn
Tina,
Teddi looks absolutely adorable in her Christmas dresses...and what a find they were!! I especially love the one with the hat. Couldn't be cuter.
Of course, we will keep your older bird and all of our armed forces in our prayers. What they do is so selfless and our family truly honrs them. Thank you!
Hugs,
Ohilda
Just beautiful. What a precious girl you have there.
Praying for your oldest bird.
Blessings,
Sarah
So, so, SO CUTE!!! I especially love the one in the plaid hat! How adorable is that?
We will be thinking of her on her 4th birthday. I know how special this one is for you! Can't wait to see the pics.
Jen
Tina,
Love the pictures of Teddi! My favorite is also the one with the hat. Too cute!
We will be praying for your oldest bird. I can't imagine doing survival training in that cold.
I am loving the new blog look. It seems like everytime I click on your blog it has a new look. I like it!
Hugs,
Robin
What a beauty and a blessing!
Happy Birthday to Teddi!
LOVE the picture of all of your nestlings. :o)
Blessings,
Jenn
Hi Tina,
Wow! What BEAUTIFUL pictures of Teddi! I just love them. She is so adorable. She looks a like a little lady with the hat!
Blessings,
Doris
Oh my....she is screaming CUTE!!!! I LOVE that dress and hat....i Love them ALL....and it makes it so much better than they were a bargain. Sometimes I want to post my bargins I am so proud of them....I might just have to do that.
It is so special to see them in the clothes that you looked and looked at and dreamed about the day they would be wearing them. Teddi is a beautiful little girl!
Kim
Post a Comment