Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today, on this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for these precious photos, taken one year ago today, of my precious girl while she waited for us in China.  

I am thankful that someone took the time to do her hair and make-up (yes, make-up) because that means they spent time on her, and with her . . . and knowing that does my heart much good!

I am thankful that these photos are proof that Teddi Xiao Xiao had a special day.

Flying lessons . . .

I am thankful for the love that was shown to her by her caregivers, and I am thankful for the personal notes that were written to her before she left Zhuhai.  What a treasure!  My favorite note (written, I believe, by the nanny pictured above) says this . . .

"You are a good and lovely girl.  You are our happy princess.  We love her.  Hopefully, you can have a lucky and happy new family and study hard.  I hope you can fly as free as the happy bird."

Isn't God good?

I am thankful that Zhuhai's "happy princess" is now "flying as free as the happy bird".

My happy bird.

Blessings from my thankful nest ~

Tina


8 comments:

Ohilda said...

Oh, Tina! What a precious treasures to have...both the photos and your beautiful Teddi.

Isn't it amazing the transformation these children go through, many without skipping a beat? God is SO good!

Love you, my friend. Hoping your family had a wonderful CNY.

Hugs,

Ohilda

Jenn said...

I love how God shows us how much He loves us!

Hugs,
Jenn

Amy said...

This is a beautiful post, Tina. God is so good to have placed angels in Teddi's early days and to have set your happy bird in the nest where she belongs. Love, Amy

Kim said...

She is definitely a happy bird and is so blessed to have such a happy and lovely family!

Those photos are PRICELESS!

Love you,
Kim

Tammy said...

Tina,

That note brought tears to my eyes! How precious our Saviour is to place her in your nest.

She looked beautiful in those photos!

Patientlywaiting said...

Those pictures of Teddi are adorable. How wonderful that she was a princess for a day.

God is good, Tina. He had Teddi picked out for your family from the beginning. It is awesome to see His hand in the details, like the note from the nanny. She definitely is flying free!

Hugs,
Robin

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! She was a happy princess that day~waiting for her happy family! LOVED talking to you yesterday! We'll talk again soon.
Love,
Melissa

Monica said...

Wonderful, wonderful pictures! Teddi was obviously very loved there; I pray that Ren is too.

Hearing of Teddi's experiences in the orphanage are giving me great comfort that Ren is receiving good care there; not the love of a Forever Mama and Daddy of course but love nonetheless.