to a Baby Shower! The good news is, it doesn't matter where you live and you don't have to figure out what to wear. You don't have to go print out an annoying gift registry and then spend hours walking the aisles, as if participating in a really bad scavenger hunt. As a matter of fact you don't even have to wrap your gift.

Someone cut the cake, while I explain . . .
The baby shower is for some precious little special needs babies who live in China. Do you want to know what their greatest "special need" is? I'll tell you. Right now their greatest special need is us. You and me!
Why?
You see, these babies have a precious couple named Bill and Lynsay, whom God has called to China to care for them. Bill and Lynsay, along with their two little girls, have answered the call. They have given up the comforts we enjoy, and have moved to China. They have completely trusted God to make the way (and He has), and now it is time for some of us to jump in and help!
Bill and Lynsay had to find a bigger place in China in order to take in more babies (the need is great). That mission has been accomplished, and the house they found is currently being renovated. When finished, Morning Star Family Home will have the capacity to care for 12 babies!
Bottom line is this. There are 147 MILLION orphans in the world, and they need us. It completely overwhelms me to think about it, but we HAVE to start somewhere . . .
We HAVE to!
I know that there are many causes to support, and that many of you already support several of those causes. I've been praying about where the Lord wants my family to focus for now and He brought Morning Star to my attention. Front and center!
Some bloggy friends who know Bill and Lynsay's family personally have decided to come together to throw this little party! Lori and Karin got the ball rolling, and then Linny jumped on board. (You can click on any of their names for more details about Bill and Lynsay--and to see the precious babies.) Now it's my turn, and this is where I'm at . . .
I am asking you, my family and friends, to come attend this shower with me! Skip a few fancy coffees, say "no" to a new pair of shoes, drive past the dreaded drive-thru. . . I've figured if my family and I skip going out for Sunday dinner, and opt for a nice hot crockpot of soup at home instead --in two weeks time we could pay for a crib, or some other need!
If you are still with me, and would like to attend, here's how. Since we are on one side of the world, and Bill and Lynsay are on the other (except for my readers in Japan--love you guys), the most sensible way for us to help them is by financial donation. In other words send them some moola-- for crib bedding, or toys, or diapers, or the many other needs that they have! Below is a link to Morning Star. When you get there, look for the "donate" button on the left sidebar. There will be an address for you to send donations the old fashioned way (by snail mail), or you may click on the "donate" button which will take you directly to Paypal. Clickety- click, and you will have purchased "a gift", to make this new home a reality for babies like Corrie and Luke, Abby and Faith, and Matthew . . . as well as the new ones to come. Jump on over to Morning Star Foundation and take a look. These are the precious faces of 147 million, I think it's a wonderful place to make a difference!
To see an updated list of needs (the "gift registry" ) click here.
To go to the Morning Star Foundation to donate
(and to see the beautiful babies), click here --
scroll down until you see the "donate" heart.
Now for the shower game. No shower is complete without a game or two, now is it?
Here's how we'll play . . .
If you plan to attend the shower and "bring a gift", then leave me a comment telling me so . . . Let me know either that, "the check is in the mail" or, that you "clickety-clicked" on Paypal to make a donation! Your comment will get you entered into my first ever One Blessed Nest giveaway!!
I'm still deciding on the prize, but I promise you'll like it! As soon as I make a decision I will add a note to this post. It'll be good! (Not as good as the feeling you will get from helping these babies, but still good!)
If you cannot support the orphans financially, would you please consider committing to pray for them and for Bill and Lynsay's family, as well as for the new Morning Star home?
Prayer will make the biggest change!
If you have never, ever left a comment on my blog, here is your chance -- Come to the party! You just might just leave with a prize!!
Pretty please come!
Thanks for listening to my heart.
Blessings from my hopeful nest ~
Tina







7 comments:
Tina, I love this post. I love your heart. And I love this cause!
Will check back in once my family has "clicked."
May your day be BLESSED, sweet friend!
(((HUG)))
Im coming... already "clicky-clicked" my gift to them... :)
Tina,
Thanks so much for posting this. I'm off to bed right now (a little tired, but happy from our big 5 year old day!), but will check out their needs tomorrow or this weekend.
Much love to you, friend.
Sarah
I skipped at the mall and clickety- clicked instead!
Thanks for throwing the shower, mom!
Love you :D
Hi Sweet Sister!
We're attending the shower! We clickety-clicked our gift to them! What an awesome ministry!
Love & miss you so much!
Jod
Tina- I did waht i said i would do--youroldies but goodie friend
I'm in auntie ame
Post a Comment