Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday . . . Friday Edition


This thankful Friday there are so many things on my mind . . .

~ First, I am thankful for my daddy, whose birthday is today! Happy Birthday Daddy. It is because of your unconditional love for me--that I truly understand my Heavenly Father's love! I couldn't ask for a better dad, or a better papa for my babies! I love you!

Cousins-- Landon, Teddi, and Brogan, get some Papa
snuggles in!

~ I am thankful for my husband, who I have been married to for 25 years, and madly in love with for 29 years-- since high school. Wow. That was a long time ago. Bry has been asked to take on a new (bigger) job at a nearby base. We will be allowed to remain in our base house here, but Bry will now drive 40 minutes (or so), each way, to work. A big switch from walking to work, and coming home for lunch. He packs up at his old job today, and will officially begin the new job on Monday. I am thankful for job security, and for Bry who does pretty much everything in life without complaining. I love you babe, and I'm so grateful for all you do for us, and for the US Air Forc*e!

Still the tough guy I fell in love with!

~ I am thankful for these birds that take time to gather above my blessed nest. Randomness, I know . . .


~ I am thankful that a few weeks ago we had the opportunity to meet my blogger friend Joy, up close and in person! Joy and Eddie and their three girls -- Sarah, Allison, and Quinn, were in our area camping, and we got to join them for a bit! Good friends, quesadillas, s'mores and a wonderful campfire on a cool Texas night, it doesn't get any better than that!

Quinn, Teddi, and Allison digging in!

Sarah snuggled up!

~ I am thankful to finally meet beautiful Sarah (sorry for the tiny pic). If you remember we prayed for Sarah last January, as Joy and Eddie and their girls headed to China for her --just before she turned fourteen! I'm so thankful that the Lord put Sarah in a family, just as her hope was running out. Joy and Eddie, it was great spending time with you and your girls!


Another first for Teddi, s'mores, YUM!

~ I am thankful that I also had the opportunity a few weeks ago to meet up with my blogger friend Jenn. Jenn and I met last year at the Orphan's Ticket Home Gala, right before Jenn and Karl traveled to China for Karleigh Mei. She hadn't met Teddi yet, and I hadn't met her Karleigh Mei. The four of us girls enjoyed a wonderful lunch together, afterwards Teddi and Karleigh Mei played, as Jenn and I talked . . . and talked . . . and talked! Such a good time.


Our girls together--
Karleigh Mei is "Miss Personality Plus"! Too sweet!


~ I am thankful for a fun Fall Festival, hosted by Brogan and Teddi's school. This provided another first for Teddi, and for Brogie, too . . .


Pony rides . . .

the smiles tell all!

Hello goat! How are you?

~ I'm thankful for big sister who took pictures at the festival, while I worked the cake walk!

~ I am thankful for the things the Newlys continue to amaze me with! Here in their "iPak" shirts--as in "I pack boxes" for the Children's Hunger Fund. Taye and Frankie are continuing to blog their adventures. They have posted some wonderful Christmas ideas (think serving others) you can check them out here!

~ I am thankful for my littles. They wear me out, and they make me laugh! They make me stop to smell the roses . . . and squish the Play dough . . . read the books . . . build the blocks . . . sing the songs. Oh what would my life be like without them? I love being a mama (and a mother-in-law, too)!

~ I am thankful for my big boys, Bryce and Brady, who spent a really, really long time talking (and laughing) on the phone with one another last night. That does my mamas heart much good!

~ I am thankful for the chance I had last night to catch up, by phone, with an old high school friend --who just happens to be one of my faithful blog readers. Karen, it was wonderful to visit with you!

~ I am thankful that we had word today that maybe, just maybe, our property manager may have found renters for our home in Georgia. (We bought the home when we were stationed there, and were unable to sell it when it was time to move.) Thankfully, for the past eight or so years we have always had someone in it. But, last January we lost out tenants, and we've been paying for two homes since then. Ouch! God has provided, and has made our money stretch some how, and we are so very thankful to Him for that, but renters would be really, REALLY good news! Please pray with us that our Georgia home will soon have people in it again.

~ I am also thankful today for big news, about a little man (and I hope it is okay that I snagged this picture from my friend Robin's, Thankful Thursday post). The Haines Gang (our neighbors, and our buddy Claire who moved away. Boohoo) has recieved word that the cutest two year old boy in Korea is officially their son! A bit more paperwork, and they will be bringing him home. Without further ado, meet . . .

Caleb!
Is he cute or what?

~ Lastly, I am thankful for quiet late nights, for blogging, and for a warm comfy bed to crawl into when all is said and done . . . and I'm off to crawl in . . .

Blessings from my thankful (yawwwwwning) nest ~

Tina

I bet you just yawned, didn't you?


6 comments:

Taylor and Frankie Rodriguez said...

So much thankfulness! I love it! The pictures are all too cute! And little Caleb!!! Yay!!! :D
T

Patientlywaiting said...

Tina,

Love your thankful post! Happy Birthday to your dad! With Bryan's new job does that mean you won't be moving next summer? You know we are still trying to get back there! I love all the pictures..the patriotic mama and kiddos and the patriotic daddy and kiddos, the special friends to share smores with, sweetness of Karleigh Mei and Teddi together, the pony rides, the impressive newlyweds on fire to serve, and of course of the cutest 2 year old in all of Korea!

Miss you and love you all,
Robin

Monica said...

Tina, you are the most inspiring blogger! Every time I read one of your posts, I come away more thankful for the blessings in my life. Thanks so much for that!

Happy Birthday to your dad!

Monica

Francisco Z Rodriguez said...

I didn't yawn till I read that last part and smiled cause I didn't yawn and then I did... I was so close.

Frankie

Sarah said...

Oh Tina, so much to be thankful for in your beautiful family, and with your wonderful friends. god is truly good, isn't He?!

Love you, friend.
Sarah

The Shifflett Family said...

You do have much to be thankful for Tina! Yes, I did yawn!