This was yesterday's post -- but I lost Internet connection last night while trying to publish so it is now a day behind . . .
Four years ago today I did something a little unusual for a 41 year old woman . . . . . I gave birth. For record keeping and testing purposes my pregnancy was immediately labeled AMA. I was of Advanced Maternal Age, or as I preferred to call myself an "amma mama". Statistics said this made me, and my unborn child, likely candidates for complications . . . but God blessed me with a healthy pregnancy, and He blessed us with a healthy, strapping baby boy! Brogan means "strong and sturdy", and that he was!
Brogan Elijah Winder arrived at 9:22 p.m. smack dab on his due date, March 23, 2004. A beautiful 9 lb. 8 oz. baby boy with blue eyes and blond peach fuzz hair. Our miracle baby, the blessing of a successful vasectomy reversal. The doctors told us our chances at a successful vas-reverse were slim, Bryan had recently turned 40 (strike one), and the vasectomy that they were about to "undo" was past the ten year mark (strike two) making it even less likely to "work". I am thankful that we do not serve a God of chance or statistics and that Our Creator planned for this little man to be a part of our family before time began! Needless to say the reversal did what a reversal is supposed to do!
Four years later I still have to pinch myself at this unbelievable gift . . . Each night I tip toe in to check on my sleeping boy, I lean down and kiss his sweet head and I breathe him in . . . and as I leave his room my heart overflows in a simple prayer of thankfulness to the Lord.
Our Brogie is a much loved little brother who thinks the world revolves around his three older siblings. He waits ever so patiently for his beloved "Teddi Girl", knowing that as soon as she arrives, he too, will be a "big" brother like the two big brothers he looks up to—way up to!
Four years ago today I did something a little unusual for a 41 year old woman . . . . . I gave birth. For record keeping and testing purposes my pregnancy was immediately labeled AMA. I was of Advanced Maternal Age, or as I preferred to call myself an "amma mama". Statistics said this made me, and my unborn child, likely candidates for complications . . . but God blessed me with a healthy pregnancy, and He blessed us with a healthy, strapping baby boy! Brogan means "strong and sturdy", and that he was!
Brogan Elijah Winder arrived at 9:22 p.m. smack dab on his due date, March 23, 2004. A beautiful 9 lb. 8 oz. baby boy with blue eyes and blond peach fuzz hair. Our miracle baby, the blessing of a successful vasectomy reversal. The doctors told us our chances at a successful vas-reverse were slim, Bryan had recently turned 40 (strike one), and the vasectomy that they were about to "undo" was past the ten year mark (strike two) making it even less likely to "work". I am thankful that we do not serve a God of chance or statistics and that Our Creator planned for this little man to be a part of our family before time began! Needless to say the reversal did what a reversal is supposed to do!
Four years later I still have to pinch myself at this unbelievable gift . . . Each night I tip toe in to check on my sleeping boy, I lean down and kiss his sweet head and I breathe him in . . . and as I leave his room my heart overflows in a simple prayer of thankfulness to the Lord.
Our Brogie is a much loved little brother who thinks the world revolves around his three older siblings. He waits ever so patiently for his beloved "Teddi Girl", knowing that as soon as she arrives, he too, will be a "big" brother like the two big brothers he looks up to—way up to!
Brogie has the key to his big sister Taylor’s heart and she would do (and pretty much does) anything for him. They are a precious pair! Brogie has his sister's blue eyes and her tender heart. As he prays daily for "Teddi and her friends" and for "the kids who don't have houses and mommies and daddies" my heart swells with love for this little man.
Two days ago he bounced into my room asking to use my bathroom, "cause some one's in mine" he said. (Like he thinks he has his own bathroom, too funny). As he stood in my bathroom taking his leak, he called out to me, "Mama". . . . me, "What baby?" He answered, (while still peeing), "You are the best mama in the whole wide world." To which I replied, (while smiling to myself), "You are the best almost four year old in the whole wide world" and he giggled.
Last night I kissed my three year old goodnight, this morning I woke up to "the best four year old in the whole wide world."
Happy Birthday Brogan! I love you my little man, and I am so thankful to be your mama!
Blessings~
T~
Birthday pictures to follow soon . . . I have a new camera and am still figuring it out. On another note . . . can anyone tell me how to do photos and text combined? I can only get my photos at the top of my text and I don't want them all piled up . . . Blogger friends can you assist?







1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Brogan! Easter babies are so extra special!
Tina, just drag the picture down to wherever you want it on your post.
Hugs,
O.
PS WHERE IS THAT LOA???!!!!
Post a Comment