
We have suffered a setback in our adoption journey . . .
Today, on day 112, of waiting for our LOA (Letter of Acceptance) from China we were notified by our agency that we have a glitch. Most families seem to be waiting in the 80-90 day time frame, so when we hit 100 days of waiting on March 13th we began to inquire as to whether there might be a problem . . . Twelve days later we have received an answer. The China Center of Adoption Affairs, or the CCAA, has responded to our agency's inquiry saying that they did not receive our payment with our dossier (in December) therefore it was not "processed". Thankfully our agency has confirmation from the bank showing that the money they wired (our money) was indeed received by the CCAA. Not only that but our money was wired along with another family's payment . . . and that family has already traveled to bring home their child. That news is a bit hard to take.
Our agency's China rep is working on the problem while we pray for a speedy resolution. We hope to have an update in the next day or two . . . In the meantime God has used the simplest of his creation to once again minister to my heart. I have always loved birds, especially sparrows. . . I'm not sure why, they are very plain little birds--at least the variety I grew up with in Michigan. I must say the ones here in Texas are quite plain too, and no offense to you Texans, but they aren't any bigger here either! Sparrows are small and simple, maybe that's why I like them . . . they also seem to be very resilient little creatures. The Bible makes many mention of sparrows and assures us that not one sparrow falls that our Lord does not know about. How's that for reassurance of His perfect watchcare over us? For whatever reason I have a love of sparrows, it's the way God made me . . .
This evening my dear Taylor offered to take her little brother out for pizza and game room games at the pizza place where big brother Brady works. This meant Bryan and I got a night out . . . and a chance to regroup from the days events. The weather was nice enough for us to sit and eat Chinese outside, on the patio of Pei Wei (sorry to those of you who still have snow). We had the whole patio to ourselves, Bryan and I . . . and one tiny sparrow. Just after we sat down a flock of five or six sparrows (does that make a flock?) buzzed through the patio and right past our table. About two minutes later I looked down and one sparrow had returned. It landed less than three feet from me, cocked it's cute little sparrow head and looked right at me. To anyone else it probably would have been just a bird. Yet, I knew differently . . . this bird was on a mission. My little sparrow friend stayed nearly the entire meal . . . I shared bits of crispy won ton, and she shared hope with me!
God does indeed "speak" to us . . . There were no words today, there was no need for words. In a way that only God can do He sent a sparrow. A tiny, plain little bird. A bird that He knows is special to my heart. A bird to reassure me that He has His eye on my littlest bird, in China . . . and that everything is going to be all right.
Blessings~
T~
His Eye Is On The Sparrow (verses 2 & 3)"Let not your heart be troubled," His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.
Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
Writer~ Civilla D. Martin
Composer ~ Charles H. Gabriel
1905
Sparrow pic (and some others) courtesy of Flykr: Creative Commons







2 comments:
Tina,
Your faith inspires me! I know it must really stink to know that it is because of someone's mistake that your little Teddy is still in China, but I also know that you always keep your eyes focused on the Lord, especially during the rough times.
His plan is always perfect. And this one is no exception.
Blessings and love....
O.
Oh I have such chills...that song is one of my absolute FAVORITES! THank you SO much for your prayers for our family this week! Now I will be praying for quick resolution of this glitch in the process. You are right, Jesus has your little sparrow safe in the palm of His very capable hand! Hold to that!
Your family is beautiful and your faith is inspiring...I'm so happy to have found another sister in Christ!
Love,
Laine
Post a Comment