Friday, March 21, 2008

Kindness and my mama . . .





I just want to say hello to my mama who is reading my blog from Florida (by the way she is not an elephant). My mom doesn't have a computer, but she does have a dear neighbor who has allowed me to send my blog link so that my mom can see my blog. Thank you Joyce for your kindness!


You know, KIND is huge in my book. My mom taught us (myself, my younger sister and two younger brothers) to always be kind. Kind to one another . . . kind to our friends and our neighbors, kind to strangers . . . kind to people like us and to people not like us, and to all living things. . . always. From as far back as I can remember kindness wasn't an option--it was our way of life. Obviously, growing up with three siblings we weren't always kind to one another . . . but when we weren't kind, we heard about it.


Today my own family went to the theatre and watched Dr. Seuss' "Horton Hears a Who" together. For those of you who might need a refresher, Horton the elephant hears voices coming from a speck of dust and he sets about to "save the speck" which turns out to be the planet of Who-ville and it's entire population. Horton is ridiculed by many in the jungle, they don't hear the voices, nor do they see anything but a speck. Despite this Horton gives his ALL to save the speck and it's people . . . it isn't easy, and Horton temporarily loses his dignity, and nearly his life. In the end Horton wins . . . the planet is saved, Horton's jungle friends respect him, and the town of Who-ville loves him! Why? Because Horton was KIND! He showed love to strangers, to those different from himself. Horton got it! And good 'ol Horton probably had an elephant mama who got it too!


Thank you mom, for teaching us from babes that kindness matters. Thank you for living what you taught. I love you!
Blessings!
T~
"Be kind to one another." Ephesians 4:32

3 comments:

amy said...

What we were trying to say was...
stop kissing up to mom, your birhday is over, and we know who her favorites are anyway:)
Clue: (4.0 student and master of cooking)
With our fondest affections,
your siblings

Waitingfaithfully said...

The above comments are from my dear sister (the so-called master of cooking) and my youngest brother (the 4.0 student-for real) . . . obviously they have forgotten everything mom taught us about being kind to one another. Maybe they need a lesson from our other brother-- THE PASTOR!Regardless . . . I know I'm Mom's favorite-- why else would she have had me first?!!

I love you guys!
T~

Anonymous said...

I have many siblings, but mom liked me best too! Only I wasthe baby!!! LOA what is your problem????? Come om already!!!
Love,
Tracy