
Today (technically it was yesterday, I'm just up really late . . . again) I made a post to my Zhuhai Yahoo group that said, "Celebrating 100 days"! I mean really, it is an accomplishment and what else is one to do? I did admit to them that I was being a bit sarcastic, and feeling a bit cranky, but who knew what the day held? Well of course the Lord did, the same Lord who promised me His peace yesterday . . . peace to settle my nerves, fill my mind . . . and flood my spirit!
And what a peaceful day it turned out to be . . . we did not get our long awaited LOA, but I was blessed in so many other ways. My boys let me sleep way in and I woke up to find my 16 year old and my nearly four year old enjoying breakfast together, prepared by Mr. 16--a sweet sight to my well rested eyes! The morning was productive and pleasant, and everyone was kind to one another. This afternoon my dear friend (and neighbor) came bearing gifts, to celebrate my 100th day! Who knew? The gifts in and of themselves would have been special enough, but if you know Mellisa's story it's even more meaningful . . . she has been waiting for a very long time (and I mean long time) to bring her waiting daughter home from Mongolia. Melissa brought me two of the cutest outfits for Miss Teddi, and a beautiful heart shaped glass pendant on a silk cord . . . The heart pendant itself is clear glass, with swirls of different colors contained within . . . it's a full heart! Melissa, you are a joy!
To top off my celebration another family from our Zhuhai group who had been waiting 100 days for their PA (pre-approval from China) received it today! For those of you unfamiliar with Chinese adoption, you must have pre-approval in writing from China (when adopting a special needs child) before you can send your dossier to China. Waiting 100 days for PA is way beyond the norm. Long story short this means that Teddi's little friend Isabelle is now officially matched with her waiting family and the adoption process can proceed! Congratulations Caroline! I was happy and relieved to hear this news . . . more cause for celebration!
Many of you have been praying for me (for us) as this wait goes on. Please know that your prayers are being heard by a God who loves and cares for every detail of my life. Just look at my day . . . my heart is full! Thank you for your prayers.
It is now officially Day 101 and I can say, "It is well with my soul, it is well!"
Blessings!
T~







2 comments:
Tina - I've just sat down and read your blog from beginning to end. You are an amazing stealth blogger!! You are beautiful, inside and out, and your words could calm the worst of us as you openly share your heart with the world. YOU are a pot of gold in my world. We pray with you and for you all.
Love,
Sue
Hi, check this out - 117 days to PA - but it came!!
http://wherelearningflows.blogspot.com/2008/03/we-have-our-preliminary-approval.html
Good luck!
Post a Comment