Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Promise . . .















This morning I took a look at yet another adoption travel blog . . . The family left for China yesterday and will receive their beautiful seven year old daughter, Gwendylan, this week. Their dossier was logged in on December 6th, two days after ours. They received their Letter of Acceptance on February 6th, after 66 days of waiting. . .

Today we are on day 116 of our wait. As I sat looking at the other family's blog and pondering our own situation, I began to do a bit of sulking. I also went to the calender and began counting days to figure out the "what ifs". . . Bryce graduates from Tech School in Spokane on June 6th, and then is allowed one week of leave directly following his graduation. . . "what if" China doesn't hurry up? His daddy has full intention of being at Bryce's graduation, again "what if"? I have full intention of seeing my boy come home on leave and meet his new sister "what if" China doesn't hurry up? I want all of my birds in my nest the second week of June, my soldier bird and my China bird included . . . I have a schedule China, do you not understand?
It was at this "feeling sorry for my doubtful self" point that I sat back down at my computer to finish reading the travel blog. God directed my eyes to the right side bar where the blog author had placed a Bible verse . . . a promise if you will!
And this is what I read ~

"For the vision still has its time, presses on to fulfillment and will not disappoint; if it delays, wait for it, it will surely come, it will not be late." Habakkuk2:3

Wow . . . it will not be late, hmmmm . . .
And this is how The Message Bible says it ~

And then God answered: "Write this. Write what you see. Write it out in big block letters so that it can be read on the run. This vision-message is a witness pointing to what's coming. It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait! And it doesn't lie. If it seems slow in coming, wait. It's on its way. It will come right on time. Habakkuk 2:3

Does God have me figured out or what? He knows exactly what I need, right when I need it. Thank you Lord!
I will write it in big block letters . . .


MY LOA WILL COME. IT'S ON ITS WAY. IT WILL COME RIGHT ON TIME . . . OUR TRAVEL APROVAL WILL COME . . . RIGHT ON TIME . . . AND WE WILL GO TO CHINA . . . RIGHT ON TIME!

Thank you Lord for your promise, your Word is true!

Blessings~

T~

Photo courtesy of Flickr:Creative Commons

5 comments:

Livin' out loud said...

Tina, OWN IT! God, I believe wants us to be confident in His GREAT POWER. I was where you are now two years ago, waiting for Mikala. She was in Hunan, and it was during the child trafficing thing...I was SCARED.We waited 120 excuciating days. I know how you feel, I know that longing. Be faithful and never ask God for patience (a friend told me this, and I am now a believer), because if you do, He will truly test that patience! I will be praying for you and yours.
HUGE hugs coming your way!!
Susan

Livin' out loud said...

BTW, SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sue Huber said...

Tina - I just love reading your blogs. You absolutely ground me with your words. With His words. I have written some down too, in big block letters. Mine say, "TINA'S NEST WILL BE FULL OF ALL HER BIRDS TOGETHER RIGHT WHEN SHE NEEDS THEM. IT WILL HAPPEN ON TIME."
I can't wait for you to hold your littlest bird.
Sue

The Ferrill's said...

Awesome post! Yes! And when the waiting is behind you, you will see how perfectly on time everything does happen! Hard to see it when you're waiting though. Your heart is in the right place!

Bonnie said...

I have finally read your blog my dear and I am encouraged mightily. Teddy is a doll! A precious gift from His hand and before you realize it, you will have her in your arms.
I will be praying the what ifs become less and less and the peace of God replaces them. He says if we are anxious for nothing and pray like crazy, that He will give a peace, the kind that doesn't jive with the world and yet it GUARDS OUR HEARTS AND MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS. I am actually telling myself this truth as well because I am waiting this night for test results tomorrow...
Thank you for the much needed encouragement that truly I am not waiting on circumstances to change, I am waiting upon Him. He is enough.

He is faithful,
Bonnie