Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Long Wait and A Kiss . . .

How does a four year old wrap his arms around the idea that he will soon be a big brother to a little girl who lives half a world away? He does it like any four year old would . . . by asking LOTS and LOTS of questions! "When are we going . . . will she be able to talk . . . what about her friends . . . what will she eat . . . does she play outside . . . what about her nannies . . . and on, and on, and on . . . . . . for months, many months.

The day the new pictures of Teddi came (from Katie's birthday party) there were no questions, just one request, made by the little brother, soon to be big brother, who was seated on my lap in front of the computer screen . . .


"Push me up Mom!"
"Hmmmm?"
"Push me up?"
"Up where?"
"To the computer . . . I want to give Teddi a kiss!"

And that he did!




It won't be long now little man, the wait is almost over. . . It's nearly time to pack the suitcases and get ready to go to China, where one special little girl is waiting . . . to make you the best BIG, little brother there ever was!

Blessings~

T~

3 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

SWEETNESS!

Margaret M said...

I love this post....how sweet! Our four year old daughter is getting a brother while your son is getting a sister. I can't wait to follow your journey to Teddi!!!

Kim said...

That is absolutely precious!! What an adorable picture of Teddi...she is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

I know you just can't wait to wrap your arms around that SWEETNESS.

I hope your weekend was great,
Kim