Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Growing Girl . . .

We received a long awaited height and weight update on our sweet girl today, and she has grown! Our last update was in August '07, and at that time Teddi weighed 27 pounds and was 35 inches tall. Today we were told that she now weighs 29 pounds and is 37 inches tall. That's two pounds and two inches in seven months . . . I am thrilled that she is thriving, sad that she has grown so much without me. It's tough to have watched her "grow up" in pictures . . .

This is the first picture we saw of Zhu Fu Xiao. She was in a rainbowkids.com listing, and I immediatly called our agency (well they weren't yet our agency) to find out more. It was June 11, 2007. I'm guessing she was somewhere around 15 months old in this picture (any guesses?). The following day we said "yes" to pursuing our little Theadora Fu Xiao's adoption (we wasted no time), we then received this next picture along with her medical records . . .
My how she had grown up on us overnight! I believe this was taken at about two years of age (January 2006) . . . lovin' the buzz cut . . . too cute! By the end of the same week, we received updated pictures from our agency . . .

And this beautiful smile and bright eyes adorned our computer screen . . . it had only been two days since we said "yes" and she had grown again!
And then . . . in February of this year my Yahoo Group friend Sue (and her sweet family) traveled to bring home their nine year old daughter Layne Ai Li (another one of Teddi's big sisters). Sue was able to see Teddi and take new pictures, a huge blessing to me! Teddi had just turned three!

And this is the big girl face I long to see . . . all 29 pounds and 37 inches of her!
Hold on my sweet girl, we are getting closer day by day! I love you Teddi! Your Mama
Blessings!
T~


3 comments:

Kim said...

Tina...she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL...I love reports!!

Praying for you, and watching closely for good news...it will be here soon!

((HUGS)),
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hello! I've been following your blog since you posted it on APC. Teddi is so beautiful...what a sweet face. I too understand how difficult the wait is, but hang in there. Soon God will bring her home to you and you'll quickly forget what life without her was like.

Many blessings to you and we will pray that you hear good news soon!

Melanie
mom to 2 China Angels
www.youbelong.net/mannosfamily

Kim said...

Your tagged...check out my blog for details...I hope you don't mind that I tagged you my friend ;-D

Kim