Sunday, April 6, 2008

One word . . .

As I wait on my Letter of Acceptance from China my faith in God's perfect timing tends to waver, tomorrow will be day 125. We have gone waaaaaay beyond the average wait, if there even is an average with the China Center of Adoption Affairs, better known as the CCAA . . . the ones who have my letter in hock.


Okay, back to my wavering faith . . . Yesterday the Lord used a little trip down memory lane to remind me of His trustworthiness. Allow me to share a little of that trip with you . . .

Eight years ago, about midway through a three year tour in Okinawa, an opportunity arose for our family to help someone in need. That someone was a precious four year old boy whose mama was having a hard time taking care of him. We took him in . . . and I fell in love with this little man, head over heals in love. . . . not knowing if we would have him for a week or a month, or more. The weeks turned into months, eighteen months to be exact. We celebrated many milestones, his fifth birthday, his first bike . . . I taught him how to write his name . . . and to count . . . and to tie his shoes . . . and I taught him that Jesus loved him so very much.

And in the process Jesus taught me . . . He taught me how to TRUST him in a very big way. He taught me that even though I would have to give this little man back up, that He would work it out. A year and a half later, on a hot August day I kissed my little love good-bye, first one cheek and then the other . . . and then I placed him in the arms of his daddy here in the U.S. After an eighteen month roller-coaster of "what-ifs" the Lord (who knew what He was doing all along) worked our little man's situation out for the best. My heart ached, my family's heart ached, but my trust in the Lord grew by leaps and bounds as I watched Him move mountains for this little man. Our guy is now a handsome and happy twelve year old. I hope to hug his neck again some day. TRUST.

My trip down memory lane continued . . . In 2001 I found a small lump where a lump shouldn't be -- fear seized me, God said TRUST me. Doctor's removed the lump, Jesus removed the fear . . . it was benign. TRUST.

Late in 2002 my precious husband decided that he would under go a vasectomy reversal. Statistics said, chances were slim that it would be a success. God again said TRUST me. In 2004 at the age of 41 I delivered my fourth child, our miracle blessing from above! TRUST.

In 2006 it came time to let my firstborn bird fly from the nest . . . I wept. God said, "You taught him well, now TRUST me". My bird flew, off into the Air Force's wild blue yonder. It's been one year now, and he's soaring! TRUST.

My trip then went all the way back to 1999, the year God planted the seed of adoption in my heart. My four year old foster guy wasn't in the picture yet, and my now four year old little man wasn't even a thought (yet God had him planned). Nine years ago Teddi found her way into my heart, six years before she was born. How does God do that? I have prayed for this child for nine years. Nine years of learning to trust God on a promise. Eight years of praying to find her, and now nearly ten months of waiting to hold her. Really what is 125 days?

It's exactly that . . . One-hundred and twenty five days of learning to TRUST him more . . . more than I did the day before.

On Saturday morning, when I finished my memory lane walk with the Lord, I gave Him Teddi's situation to work out. I took my hands off and I said, "I TRUST You." My burden was released . . . and I wept. He is so much more able to carry it than I.

I'm TRUSTING you Lord to bring my girl home. You alone are Able.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5

Blessings~

Tina

2 comments:

Margaret M said...

Tina,

I spent much of yesterday morning in church in tears. This post was so inspirational for me today. Thank you!

Margaret

Sue Huber said...

If anyone reading this doesn't learn something, then they're not 'listening'!! What a blessing you are in my life, Tina.
Love,
Sue