Go Red Wings! Raise that Stanley Cup high! Texas is where we live, but Michigan is home sweet home, so today we had to take time out to celebrate the Detroit Red Wing's victory!
celebrates the Wing's victory--wooohoooo!
My heart melts seeing my Brogie in his new big brother role.
We had a good day. Bry and Brady made it safely to Washington, and will see Bryce graduate tomorrow! Oh happy day!!
Teddi asked several times during the day for Baba, so I would tell her, "Baba bye-bye", and then I would act as if I were holding a phone and say, "Baba, hellooooooo!" to let her know we would be talking to Baba later. When bedtime came we called Baba to say goodnight, and you should have seen her little eyes light up when she heard Bry's voice and answered with a, "Helloooooooo Baba (which sounds like ba-BA), she told Baba night-night as she made the sleepy sign we use, and also told him she had brushed her teeth (again by signing) and then said, "Bye-bye Baba!"
Shortly afterwards I laid down with her to go to sleep, she again said "Baba", and then she signed night-night, and brushing teeth. I said, "Yesssss! You talked to Baba! You told him night-night and you told him you brushed your teeth! Very good!" It was our first conversation! You've come a long wayyyyyyy Teddi Xiao Xiao!
Teddi was blessed by Aunt Dee and Uncle Jay today with a delightful pink, strawberry dish set and sippy, and also a gift card, good thing she likes to shop! She loves the new dishes Aunt Dee, great job! She is so proud of everything that is hers . . . who wouldn't be when you have never really had anything to call your own? That said she does a wonderful job of sharing with Brogan. Her social skills are so much better than I expected. Once again I find myself so very thankful for the wonderful job that her caregivers did with her, raising her to be a generous, caring child. Her table manners are great, she's very neat . . . and very slow (partially due to her open palate, I'm sure.) She enjoys every single bite, and doesn't want to leave anything (and likes almost everything). . . this make for plenty of time to admire new pink dishes . . . plenty of time.
It has been 17 days since this little delight walked into our lives and began life as a member of a family. What beautiful strides she has made!
You are a blessing Teddi Xiao Xiao, and we love you!
Blessed in my nest!
Tina







No comments:
Post a Comment