Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lovin' the Sunshine!

China was beautiful, but very wet most of the time. We are so enjoying the sunshine being back in Texas . . . the heat--not so much, but the sunshine is delightful! Teddi loves our swing in the front yard, as you can see she finds it very relaxing.

Lovin' the sun!

Home sweet home . . . it's a whole new world!

More gifts today . . . Sorry for the sideways picture--I have tried twice to turn it. Tonight Teddi's new friend Kylie came bearing gifts, a bubble gun wrapped up in this very cute Teddi tote! Kylie (and family) are friends from church. Kylie is just three months younger than Teddi, she is also from China and as sweet as can be! I'm so sorry I didn't get a picture of her delivering this precious gift to her new friend--everyone was being a little shy! Thank you dear friends for blessing us! I can't wait to see Kylie and Teddi get to know one another!

Teddi also received an adorable outfit today from our dear neighbors the Haines Family. Miss Robin picked out a red, white and blue shorts set for our new American girl. The best part-- their Claire will have the matching outfit to Teddi's when she arrives home from China very soon! My heart overflows when I look to see how God has, and is, surrounding our little bird with friends from her homeland, what a comfort it must be to her.

Flit takes a silly drink to wrap up dinner---spaghetti, she loved it!

Ready for bed, doing a little coloring to wind down . . .

it's working . . . and jet lag still rules this land.

The Grinner and Miss Teddi Xiao Xiao hit the ground running at 4:00 a.m. this morning--yep, 4:00 a.m. Brogie exclaimed, "It's still dark out!" as if to wonder who turned out the lights in his day! We ate breakfast at 4:30 (craziness) and then I managed to get Teddi back down from 6-8 a.m. as well as a long nap this afternoon. Brogie didn't slow down until 5:00 tonight, and then he crashed out--not to be waken up for dinner or anything else . . . . guess he may do the 4:00 a.m. thing again, oh me! The funny part was (well it wasn't really funny this morning) Brogie and Teddi have been playing well side by side, but not really playing together. This morning they decided to cement their brother/sister relationship by playing a yelling/chasing/giggling game at 4:00 a.m. . . . as Bry and I exchanged weary, "What now?" looks--and then managed to get on with the day. When you are three and four years old there is obviously no time to waste! Priceless life lessons taught by jet lagged children.

Life moves on . . . the dirty laundry mountain became more of a molehill today--much thanks to help from Bry. It has been wonderful that he has been able to stay home these few days with us, he and Teddi are having great bonding time, she is falling in love with her Baba!

That's it for now from the sleepy nest!

Blessings~

Tina


1 comment:

Ohilda said...

Sounds like life is moving along great. Isn't God amazing? :)

Teddi is just adorable, Tina. I loved reading about how she and Brogan were playing tag at 4:00 a.m....heh. You're a much more patient Mama than I am, girl.

Hugs,

Ohilda