Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Calm? What Calm?

Remember a few days ago when I said it had been calm with only Brogan and Teddi at home? And then I said maybe calm wasn't the right word? Well, here is what transpired yesterday afternoon in our sunroom/play room, now that middle big brother is home. I was right, it really was calm, when you compare it to this . . .

As you look beyond the train tracks and Tinker toys, you will see that a certain three and four year old have "treed" their big brother-- much like hound dogs after a 'coon. Boy Incredible and Miss Flit (adorned in her lavender formal) were armed with foam swords, and were not at all afraid to use them!

Flit does her best to hold Big Flit at bay, while Boy Incredible disappears momentarily.

Boy Incredible returns, and he and Formal Flit proceed to beat the footstool with their foam swords, threatening Big Flit, just in case he would try to flee . . .


He got away . . . after him! Big Flit was chased as far as the living room couch, and then further tormented by his sword wielding siblings! You can only imagine the noise and chaos this created. . . the dramatic yodels of the sixteen year old, combined with the beating of the foam swords on the foot stool . . . not to mention the chase that ensued! Calm? What Calm?

Tired out, Boy Incredible and his lavender laden accomplice, find a spot to recline (though I don't think Flit's pose would qualify as reclining). What would this comfy spot be, you might ask? Well "Stuff Mountain" of course, and how does one make a "Stuff Mountain"? You drag every stuffed animal you can get your hands on, and some other choice stuff (like a basket of balls in assorted sizes) and you pile them into a mountain in your mama's living room! Thus creating the perfect resting place for after big battles!


"You did great in your first battle Flit! I don't think he'll be back for awhile . . . and by the way
you fight swell in a formal!" (Grinner didn't really say such things, but I'm sure he was thinking it!")

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh . . . the sweet taste of victory!

The fun just never ends! Who needs calm?

Okay I must confess, I need calm! I had a dentist appointment after lunch today and I found myself quietly cheering as the clock ticked toward noon. I was going to the dentist office for goodness sake, and I was quietly cheering -- I think I may need to get out more! Really though, it doesn't get any calmer than the dentist office, does it? Okay the beach might be calm . . . a quiet dinner for two in a nice restaurant would be calm . . . the library, alone, maybe? But alas, the only calm I seem to get right now, is the scheduled kind of calm! Next week I get my haircut, it's SCHEDULED! Look out!

Blessings from my noisy, but lovin' it, nest!

Tina


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that last photo of Flit and Grinner! They are quite a pair! Miss you guys so much.
Melissa

Bonnie said...

Silly you! Calm?! Looks like life and love to me with a dash or two of noise!
Thanks for all your encouragement my dear.
It means so much.....

Keep soaking up those kiddos!

Love,
Bonnie

Kim said...

Tina,

You always have the BEST post. You are so funny, you always crack me up!...or make me cry :-) I love the nickname (Flit)that you have for Teddi....PRECIOUS! Your playroom is a kids paradise....or maybe a mom's paradise.

I hope that Max and Vivi have as much fun together as Teddi and Brogan.

Day 42 waiting for our LOA...the past 42 days have gone by really fast and I still have tons to do but I WANT VIVI LU IN MY ARMS....NOW!!! :-)

HUGS,
Kim

P.S. My friend Tammy's blog is under construction and will be for about a week or so....You will not be able to comment until the girl that is doing her blog gets back from vacation. She did read your comment you left on my blog. Tina, Tammy is an awesome person and is so precious (a lot like YOU)...I would love for you to get to know her through bloggy land.

Another HUG :-)
Kim