Friday, October 9, 2009

Flashback Friday ~ The Check-Up

I have a few posts, or wannabee posts, that have been sitting in my draft folder since before Taye and Frankie's wedding last May. Life was crazy, and many things I started didn't get finished. Now that things have shifted to a lesser degree of crazy, I am going to make an attempt to post these missed moments. Here goes . . .

One afternoon in early May, Flit and Grinner decided I was in need of a check-up. It was a very thorough exam, during which I managed to snap a few pics . . .

What does it mean when her forehead makes the red light go on?

Hmmmmm, I think this might be a bad case of . . .

"Wedding Head"!


Better check her blood pressure . . .


. . . I think she may need the arm restraints!


What do you think of the arm restraints mama?
Not so fun, huh?


Hmmm, temp is elevated . . .

Better give her a shot of "happy" . . .


it seems to be working, her temperature has dropped.


The doctors discuss . . .


and the diagnosis is in. Just as we suspected,
a horrible case of "Wedding Head". Not to worry,
a few more shots of "happy", lots of hugs and kisses,
and perhaps some sleep. Yes definitely sleep, and you should be
good to go . . . and go . . . and go . . .


Blessings from my post-wedding nest ~

Tina ~ and "the docs"

8 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Oh my gracious - they are adorable!!! I loved seeing all their pics and they look like the kind of doc that I would trust...so next time we are in need of an diagnosis, do they make house calls? xo


And I just took a couple pics of my little ones playing dress-up in "ball clothes" because Emma and Graham are going to a ball tonight. Dw hates when the boys where the princess dresses, but I just couldn't resist snapping some pics...hopefully he won't check out the blog for a few days. LOL

Vivian said...

Oh my friend, I miss you all so!
It is so good to see you, even with a flashlight on your head! :)
Thanks for sharing! You blessed my heart.
love you,
Alycia
p.s. did i tell you that we are going to see the Haines Gang this weekend?! We are meeting them somewhere for lunch or dinner on our way home from Greenville!
Yippee!

Mom to 5 bugs said...

We have that same dr. outfit! It also works as a vet outfit. Hope you got lots of hugs and kisses and maybe some sleep too!
I'm jealous of AlyAbox who's seeing the Haines Gang this weekend! I wish we could all be together.
Did I tell you that we're scheduled to do our re-adopt by phone on Monday your time?

Amy said...

Oh I love these pictures of your adorable little docs!

And I love you so, sweet friend!

(((Big Hug)))

Amy

Sarah said...

Those are two of the cutest doctors I've ever seen!!!

Blessings to you, friend.
Sarah

Lynsay said...

Wow, can't believe this is the first time I found your blog. Must have something to do with the LACK of time I have!

Your comment on Linn's blog was amazing, I love how God does things like that! It is awesome for everyone involved to watch!

Thank you!

Lynsay

Patientlywaiting said...

Do your doctors make house calls? We spent the weekend in Georgia with family. A nasty virus thought it would come for a visit too! All of my nieces got sick and Nicholas did too on the day we came home. I told Gary to leave the virus at the state line. We don't want it in Alabama! So, I'm
curious if your doctors make house calls just in case!

Love and miss ya!
Robin

Kim said...

I have been out of the loop...I have a lot of catching up to do on my fav blogs...I have missed you my friend!

Your little docs are so darn cute! Doesn't it just make you so happy when they play together and are having so much fun. Oh how I would love to get our 4 together...man, i wonder what they would cook up?!?

Love their doctor outfits...so cute!

Love you friend!
Kim