Friday, November 27, 2009

Fall Soccer Recap


Brogie recently wrapped up his second season of soccer. Flit, who was an adoring fan last spring, decided it was time to get some soccer action of her own this fall. Brogie played for the same team he played for last fall, the Hornets, moving up a bracket into the Under-6 league. Teddi played for the Cyclones, in the Under-5 league. Flit made a perfect Cyclone, spending much of her time twirling around on the field. Out of many, many teams playing Brogan and Teddi just so happened to get assigned the same team colors--making their own sweet little team!


Mama and her littles!!


Opening day . . .

sweetness, captured by big sister.


Brogie's team patiently waiting their turn
for team pictures. Love the number line-up!


Run, Brogie, run!


Flit's teammate is ready to go-- game face on!
Flit, not so much. If you look closely
(click to make it bigger),
you will see that she was practicing her newly
acquired skill . . . finger snapping.
Oh yes she was!
(At least she was guarding the goal!)


A foggy Saturday morning.
Flit, a little more into it here, very happy with her "kick-in"!


Post game, off the field giggling, and straight to Daddy.


Did I do good brother?


Daddy and his team!


Everything finally "clicked" for Teddi in the last game. She got it. She stopped twirling, and started playing, and she scored her first goals of the season! Two of them! One for the opposing team, and then one for her own team. (Okay, so she kinda got it.) I must tell you, she was equally proud of both goals. We just smiled and clapped, and said, "Good job Ted! Next time kick it in that end"! And she did! I even managed to get the second one on video. You can't actually see her kick it in, but you will know by her victory dance, that Flit scored!

Brogie scored many goals during the season, but since he and Teddi played most of their games at the same time (on parallel fields)--I had a hard time catching any of his goals! I did capture a good one last fall though that I never got a chance to share, so I posted it below. I love the way he shyly high-fives his coach, and then immediately looks to the side-line for Daddy's reaction-- a big thumbs up!




All in all it was a fun time, and a great learning experience! The season went long, due to several "rain-outs" early on . . . I must say, we are thoroughly enjoying having our Saturday mornings back!

Blessings from our sweaty little nest ~

Tina

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my! I just love Teddi's dance and giggle! And that Brogie! Could he be any sweeter?! What a great big brother--so precious.

Many blessings to you, friend.

Sarah

Jennifer O'Cain said...

Oh I just love soccer, none of my babies are playing right now, I miss it.Looks like they are having such fun!

Love the new Christmas design too!

Patientlywaiting said...

Way to go, Teddi and Brogan! Teddi, I love your victory dance! Brogan, I love your thumbs up to dad! Great pictures! It looks like a very successful season! We are enjoying our Saturday's too until basketball starts next month! We miss you all!

Hugs,
Robin

Bonnie said...

Tina, Tina, Tina...
you always bless me right when I need it most! I love this post--you are an amazing blogging mom. I have been in an all time funk--not wanting to do much of anything let alone blog..
Thanks for the huge dose of encouragement and love!

I love seeing the smile on both of your "littles" faces!

He is faithful,
Bonnie

Taylor and Frankie Rodriguez said...

Ted's video is so cute! I love it!
T