Monday, May 2, 2011

Doubled.


The enrollment at
Mama's School of Higher
(yet more comfortable and casual) Learning,
has doubled . . .


Little bird had been very happy at her
"old school"as she fondly refers to it.
It was familiar, she felt safe and
her social circle was big.
She was happy.
Life was good.

The move across town meant starting at a new school.
This removed familiar (both at home and school). . .
which in turn took away the "safe" feeling.
Her social circle was also gone.
She tried hard.
She even put up a good front for a few days.

Her second week in, a little girl
(herself a Kindergartner)
uttered some
ugly words on the
playground after school.

"I don't like your eyes--
and I don't like your face."

Cutting words.
Heart hurting words.

My kids didn't tell me about the "mean girl"
until we had left the playground--
I still don't know who the little girl was.

That is probably best.

The following morning when we
got to school there were tears
(for the first time)--
yet the next morning
my little bird went bravely on in.

Bless her heart.
I think this was the beginning of
the end.

On Easter morning she announced
that she wanted to be homeschooled.
In the middle of Easter baskets . . .
polishing fingers and toes . . .
and putting on her special dress
she was thinking about
(and probably dreading) school.

Bless her heart again.

The Monday after Easter
we had to go back to the doctor for
an ear infection that wouldn't give up
. . . in the middle of all of this change
she was also battling to get healthy.

Long story short-
she was home sick on Monday and Tuesday.
On Wednesday morning I found myself
in the school parking lot
with a sobbing little bird.

We came home.
Her smile came back.
She was safe.

Her social circle for now is small,
but familiar.
It's us.

Today I officially disenrolled her.
Teddi's teacher,
(as mentioned in a previous post)
is also a homeschooling mom--
she's been very understanding.

She thanked me this morning
for following my heart--
and for reassuring her
(by my actions) that she is doing
the right thing by listening to her heart
and her son's needs,
and schooling him at home.

I think it's very interesting how the
Lord used this whole tough
situation for good--and I am thankful.

So my enrollement
has doubled.



Change has come once again.

Our household population
also grew by two this weekend
as the Newlys officially moved in . . .
Welcome home Taylor and Frankie!

For now we will be one

bigger . . .

happier . . .

family . . .

at home.

In our new nest.


A special "welcome home"
to my littlest bird --

I hope you like your new teacher!


Blessings from my nest ~

Tina

Note: If you are unfamiliar with our nest, and wondering why Brogan was at home and Teddi was in public school, you can read the whole story by clicking here. God is good.

6 comments:

Jessica Kok said...

The Winder School. Sounds expensive. ;)
Welcome to homeschool Teddi!!!

Sarah said...

Oh, you are such a great Mama, Tina! So wonderful that you listened to your littlest bird and that she is now home with you and Brogan. I bet that you are having a wonderful time!

Joy said...

Bless her heart! Quinn received some comments like that in Kindergarten also. My girls are back at home now too and for that, I am happy. :-)

Unknown said...

Just went back and read your previous post about Brogan. I bet you will be a great teacher for both of them. Have fun and enjoy every moment. We know how quickly they are grown!
Blessings

Lorri said...

Thank you so much for sharing the ways that God has worked throughout all of the schooling situation. It's very encouraging!

PS: My oldest is a kindergartener, too. I hadn't realized she and Teddi were about the same age. :)

Amy said...

Oh Tina, I love you so much, precious friend. I love your heart and your passion for your babies (the littles and the bigs).

I am grateful that God spoke to you in just the ways He knew you needed to have peace in your heart about both of these big decisions (I just read your post regarding Brogan). I do believe each one of your children has inherited your heart, Tina. God has so much in store for Teddi and Brogan and for all of your family this season and beyond!

A special hug for beautiful Teddi and BEAUTIFUL she is indeed. May she be filled to overflowing with the knowledge in her tender heart that SHE IS PRECIOUS to HIM, to her Mama and Daddy and Big Brothers and Sister and so very many who love her.

You know this comes with Love and Prayers and Every Best Wish (and some GREAT BIG HUGS, to boot!)

Always,
Amy