Saturday, May 10, 2008

One year ago . . .

I sat at my computer, with tears in my eyes, and wrote this letter to my daughter in China. I hadn't found her yet, but I knew she was there, somewhere, waiting for us . . .

To my Teddi,

Where are you my girl? It’s Mother’s Day 2007, and I am so very blessed as a mom, but a piece of my “mother’s heart” is still missing. I have been waiting for you for so long now my sweet girl. I have been praying about you for eight long years. It seems like a very long time to me! Much has gone on in those eight years, your big brothers Bryce and Brady and your sister Taylor have nearly grown up! And your brother Brogan was born three years ago, but one thing has never changed, and that is my yearning to find you and bring you home to us!

I felt the Lord speak to my heart on February 13th of this year (2007); He told me that you were on your way! My heart leaped! Yesterday, May 12th I believe that He said “Yes” to us coming to China to get you! Right now I don’t know how old you are, or even where you are. I don’t know how we will make the way to China, but I do know that God’s promises are true, and that He will make the way! After all He promised you to me, to us, to our family. I know it seems a very complicated way to start your life, but please know that in my heart I have loved you since the day you were born! I can only pray that you are cared for and happy, and that someone is kissing your soft cheeks, while you wait for us to come get you! I pray that God will hold you gently in His care until I can find you and bring you home. I dream of the day you will read this, and I pray that you will know that I was meant to be your mama, that it was always God’s plan for you to be a part of this family.

We are missing you; we are looking for you and praying for you. And some day soon we will hold you close, and you will be our girl. Our Theadora, our “Teddi” girl, our “Gift of God”, because His word is TRUE!

I love you baby girl,

Your Mama



Oh, what a year it has been! One month after I wrote this, on June 11th, 2007, I would see my daughter's picture for the first time. She was found, and she was ours!




"For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27


I am so incredibly blessed to be a mom . . . five times blessed!



Thank you Lord for the privilege of being a mom, five times over. Thank you for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies, may I never take that blessing for granted. Thank you Lord, for a mom in China who made the choice to carry a baby to term, and who made the heartbreaking decision to part with her, so that she would have a future and a hope. I pray that You will heal that mother's broken heart. Thank you Father, that you have kept Teddi under your wing since her life began, and that you have called me to be her mama, forever. I stand in awe of your works, my heart overflows at Your goodness in my life.


My nest is very blessed.

Happy Mother's Day ~

Tina

One more picture . . . of the person whom without none of this would be possible, my very own mama. Thank you mom, for the beautiful example you have been to me. I love you with all of my heart! T~


3 comments:

Ohilda said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mama! I have eyes filled with tears reading your letter and marveling (as always) at God's perfect plan.

Next year, you will have all of your sweet babies in your nest.

Counting down with you...

Love,

Ohilda

Margaret M said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! I can't wait to follow your journey to Teddi. Soon...less than a week. I hope your day was filled with laughter and love!!!!

The Ferrill's said...

Oh how beautiful! I am agreeing with your prayer at the end of your post...and your mother is so beautiful!
Happy Mother's Day!
May this last week of packing and preparation go smooth!