These are more pictures from yesterday after we returned to the hotel . . .

Saying, "Baba" . . . She can also say "Mama"
and "Hello", and "Bye,bye" She doesn't say them on
her own, but will repeat after us. So far, despite the
language barrier we are communicating quite well!
Warming up to Baba . . .
She loves the books we brought.
with brothers . . . ready for bed!
New sisters, so happy!
Cute as a bug!
Learning how to drink from a sippy cup--She wasted no time!
Aaaaaaaaaaah, good to the last drop!
New sisters, so happy!
Cute as a bug!
Learning how to drink from a sippy cup--She wasted no time!
Aaaaaaaaaaah, good to the last drop! (See the teddy on her collar?)
She held her baby doll most of the evening.
She held her baby doll most of the evening. When she woke crying at 4:00 this morning her
big brother Brogan jumped out of bed to find her baby
and bring it to her! She settled quickly after a few
very sad tears.
I will post pictures from today soon. Our Xiao Xiao is doing wonderfully well --there were so many prayers prayed, by so many people, to prepare this little girl's heart for us and it is so obvious. She is happy, and smiling, and enjoying us, as we are her. I laid down with her at bedtime last night, she looked a bit scared but didn't cry. I rubbed her forehead and she was out in about five minutes. Like I said above she woke at 4:00 and cried some pitiful sad tears. I held her on my chest, and she settled, and was back to sleep within 5-10 minutes. When she woke this morning she just laid there looking very wide-eyed and scared. I sat down beside her, and offered her a drink. She took a sip, and looked at me. I put my arms out and she let me pick her up and snuggle her, she was soon smiling and hasn't stopped yet! Well actually right now she is napping peacefully--I laid down with her, sang two soft songs, and she was out! She has the sweetest grip on her baby doll as she sleeps. She has eaten three meals, letting me feed her each time--which is great for bonding. She is making beautiful eye contact, and will spontaneously wrap her arms around my neck and giggle. She melts my heart! I handed her to Taylor for a minute this morning (while we were out for an appointment) and as soon as she was snug on Taye's hip, she leaned in and gave her a big kiss on the cheek. She is an amazing little bird!
Thanks again for all of your sweet comments and emails. we are reading and enjoying each one. Our hearts are so blessed! I keep thinking about the tiny teddy bear on her little shirt collar yesterday--and how God has covered every single detail of this amazing journey to my Teddi girl. I am in awe, and I am in love with my new little bird!
Bryce--We love you and we can't wait for you to meet your new sister! Got your comment, and yes, in your words, Brogan is "ridiculously happy" to be a big brother! That puts him in the same league as you and Brady! What could be better?
Oh how my nest is blessed!
More soon . . .
T~








7 comments:
I LOVE all your pictures. It looks like Teddi is doing so well. She is a little doll....and her haircut is the cutest!!! I am enjoying your journey so much!
Kim
She is absolutely precious!
Wishing you much joy and many blessings there and in the days ahead with Teddi. Praying for you.
Kristy and Steven
How wonderful to hear how well things are going. She is precious!
Tina, The pictures are great! Thanks for taking the time to do your blog so we can all follow your journey. Even Greg and the boys want to know what's been posted next!
She sounds like such a little sweetie! Oh how I wish we could meet her.
Melissa
Tina,
We are sooo glad things have gone so well. I love all the pics. Brogan is beaming! You all are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. I have passed along your "teddy bear" story to many. We know that your love for Teddy will bond her to you, more than any other language could!
Love You Guys, Valerie Cahue
How could you not love that little face? So well worth the wait, huh? I keep looking and looking at her and all I can do is smile back at the computer. We can feel your joy from way over here!!
Love, Hubers
Post a Comment