It has been a busy few days as we have hammered out the rest of the details of our trip, continued to make "packing piles", and . . . celebrated an important milestone, Taylor turned 20 yesterday! (Warning: Excesive bragging ahead!)
We celebrated by going out for delicious Tex-mex last night. . . complete with "made at the table" guacamole. The best part about that was, Taye and I are the only one's who like guac, so we had the whole bowl (along with fresh, hot chips for dipping) to ourselves! Mmm-mmm, good!
Taye's turning twenty, takes my teenager count down to one, wow! Two in their 20's, one teenager, and one, almost two, preschoolers! I pretty much have it covered, if I do say so myself!
Back to my birthday girl . . . I am so BLESSED! On Taye's birthday poster where it says "Taylor is . . . 20, I also added (around the dots) the Fruit of the Spirit . . . . Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control. Anyone who knows Taylor would probably agree with my proud, bragging self. My girl is sweet . . . she is even tempered and easy going, and she shines the love of Jesus in her own gentle way.
Taylor is working towards a degree in Elementary Education, and my heart smiles when I think of the young lives that she will touch . . . and change. She also works part time as the assistant to the Children's Ministry Director at our church, gaining wonderful experience along the way. She is involved as a mentor with the high school youth group, and is also involved with Campus Crusade for Christ . . . she is a busy girl! Most importantly (especially to my "favorite four year old in the whole wide world") she is the best big sister in the whole wide world!
One of my favorite memories of Taye, is from the summer just after she turned three. We were visiting Grandma's house in Michigan, from Okinawa. Taye had picked out a Kit Kat candy bar for a special treat at the store. Upon arriving home from the store, she opened her candy bar, and began breaking it apart into the Kit Kat "sticks", she then began passing out the sticks one at a time, until she was down to just one for herself. She was perfectly happy with one, that is my daughter's heart -- Taylor made for loving others. I am one blessed mama, and I thank the Lord for this girl!
A little side note, Taye is my "original" Bird, I nicknamed her Birdie, when she was yet a babe. We joked the other day, that with our new bird on the way, Taye will move up to "Big Bird" position, to make room for our "Little Bird", Teddi.
To my Birdie, for twenty years you have made my nest a joy (excluding the temper tantrums when you were three)! Thank you from the bottom of my proud mama's heart!
Blessings~
T~
One more picture . . . Taye's busy life includes a long distance relationship that is nearly five years strong! This is Fransico Z. Rodriguez, better known as Frankie! Love you Frankie!







3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Taylor.
Tina, you should be very proud. ALL of your little birds are precious!
Counting down the days with ya, friend!
Hugs,
Ohilda
Happy Birthday Taylor....you are adorable and you have a precious mama...but I bet you already know that. Enjoy your day!
Kim
Wow, a whole post just for me! Never have I been so honored on the web! Thanks, Mom. I love you! And I love being your daughter! Happy (almost)Mother's Day, too!
Post a Comment