Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Girl

Hi all,


The rest of the Zhuhai report will have to wait. I tried to upload pictures this afternoon while Teddi napped, but it was taking an eternity and I gave up. It is now 2 a.m., I laid down with everyone else at 9:30, and am now wide awake. Blogger is still taking forever to upload, so I will share just this one, my favorite of the day.




We had a day off today, nowhere to go, no place to be, no frightening Chinese roadways to endure-- a relaxing Saturday. Our next appointment with Mr. Li isn't until Tuesday, that will be for Teddi's medical check-up . . . feels good to be uncommited!


One more thing that I wanted to mention about Zhuhai was the beautiful photo album/
scrapbook that Ms. Zhong presented us with yesterday. I cried when she opened it up. The entire Zhuhai staff and each caregiver is pictured separately with Teddi, and each have written a personal note to her. She will know someday that many. many people in her homeland loved her so very much, and wanted the very best for her. I believe I counted sixteen notes, each with a picture of Teddi and the person who wrote the note . . . I can't wait to have them translated.


Other precious items contained within . . . baby pictures of Teddi, before and after her cleft surgery. So many pieces of her history have been filled in. As Teddi grows, the way her life began may be hard for her to understand, but one thing I will always be able to tell her is that many, many people in Zhuhai loved her beyond measure. They gave her a wonderful start in life, they were her first family, and they always will be a part of who we are.


Our little Xiao Xaio had a great day today. We are beginning to introduce her to her Teddi name, and she will try to repeat it if I ask her. In fact, she will repeat almost anything word for word. With her open palate, a lot of what she says doesn't sound like it should, but she makes a great attempt, and I am so proud! She called me mama several times today--mostly to get my attention because she needed something, music to my ears! She called for Baba today too, when she was trying to show Bry something. She will let daddy read to her, and bathe her, and she will sit in the chair with him, but if we are out anywhere she sticks to me like velcro. She'll let Taye hold her for a moment if I am desperate, otherwise Mama is it! Thankfully Brogie has spent four years strengthening my baby carrying back!


Speaking of Brogie, I am so darn proud of him. Getting a new sibling in the comfort of your own home would be an adjustment for any four year old. Getting a sibling in a foreign country is a whole different ball game, not to mention when the "newbie" is three and has a very good mind of her own! As if that weren't enough, Brogan was swarmed at the park yesterday by the Chinese papparazi, they wanted many pictures . . . too bad most of the pictures will be better of Bryan's big shoulder than of Brogie's cute face buried in it! Pressure! Like I said, he is doing great, very patient with Teddi, and so gracious to share his mama with her. He and I woke up ahead of Teddi yesterday morning so he crawled in next to me for a good five minute snuggle. A moment I have etched in my teary memory. As I lay there breathing in my now "big boy" I was ever so thankful for him, and for the sleeping bundle laying closely to me on other side! When Teddi woke up a few minutes later she sat up next to me. She then looked over and saw her brothers face and she broke out in a huge sleepy grin! Good morning Teddi! Be still my heart. I am so blessed!


The rest of the clan is doing well. We've had our moments. Two hotel rooms, and six people . . . . for eight days . . . with five to go . . . can make for a little stress of it's own! Please pray that we continue to, "Love one another"! Yesterday morning we had yet another downpour, but it was followed by sunshine--thank you Lord! Going out in the sun is waaaaay better than going out in the rain . . . when you are stuck in a hotel you are going out regardless, I would rather return dry than soaked. Sun is good!


Better get back to bed! We will attend a Christian Church here in the morning, with a translated service in English. Church in China, God is good! So much to praise Him for!

My littlest bird is home!!!


My China nest is oh so blessed ~


Tina

3 comments:

Kim said...

hey Tina,

I've been gone, drove my dossier to Austin to be authenticated and in the FedEx to Houston for for the Chinese Consulates authentication. I thought about you often on my trip and the first thing when I got home to check your blog.

I think it might be Susan and her sister-in-law that made my Fruits of the Spirit in Chinese charters.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I know your heart about melted when you heard the words mama come out of Teddi's mouth....precious!

Enjoy the church service, I can't wait to hear about it.

((HUGS)),
Kim

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of Teddi...she is a beauty! I am sure you are enjoying China, yet can't wait to get her home .
Caroline
waiting for Isabelle

The Ferrill's said...

Oh I just love this post! It reminds me so much of our trip when we had eight in two rooms and loving one another! ;)
It sounds like everyone is doing so well. I am so happy to read that Teddi is really showing her bubbly personality! You will be able to reign her in, don't worry! Everything is so new and she will begin to settle down in time.
The photo album from the orphanage sounds incredible; what a treasure for Teddi!
So glad you got some snuggle time with your other "baby" too! That is so important!
Great post, thank you Tina!
Continuing to pray for your very blessed nest!
Laine