Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sights from Guangzhou

These are sights from our first day in Guangzhou. Our hotel is actually located on Shamian Island . . . a very historical and quaint area of the city. The first picture of Brogan was taken in front of a school located across the street from our hotel. We spent time at a park just a bit down the street, it was busy with families playing and brides and grooms taking pictures.


Shortly after we left the hotel this morning and headed down the street we were swarmed by a group of school children wanting to practice their English on us. They all wanted us to sign their notebooks in exchange for little trinkets --they also gave Brogan a stuffed yellow bear. They would sweetly ask, "What is your name?" and "Do you like China? They also took pictures.


The picture of Bryan and I was taken on the patio of the third floor of our hotel. The picture of the city was taken from poolside on the seventh floor of the hotel. So much to see! Taye just called me next door to look out the window (we're on the fourth floor) and across the way is a high rise bank building, the entire side is lit up with changing pictures of the Olympic mascots --quite the display!


The weather was great today, overcast and very comfortable, mid seventies. We had a little shower during our walk to dinner, but it was brief. We ate supper on the patio of Lucy's Diner (yes, we chickened out and ate Western style tonight, mom's choice) After dinner we walked along the Pearl River. Brogie was sound asleep by the time we got back at 7:00. He and Bry are already down for the count. I'm soon to follow!


Tomorrow is the day. It seems sureal . . . a dream that I have played over and over in my head for years and years. I am going to be a mama to five! Our family journey and Teddi's little path of life are about to intersect-- and none of us will ever be the same again. Lord keep us under your wing, as we bring your precious little one into our nest. Our very blessed nest.


I'll leave you with scenes from our day to hold you all over until tomorrow's big event. Thank you all for the comments and emails, they mean so much!


Blessings from China~


Tina





































6 comments:

Kim said...

Tina,

I went out of town and I am just checking your blog since you arrived. I can't wait to follow your wonderful journey. I know you are so excited!!! Blessings to you and your beautiful family. Just know that I will be praying for you all and Teddi. Have a great time and I'll be checking on you daily.

Love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Landon says,
is she home yet?
Mom, is she home yet?
Sis, is she home yet?
would someone just tell me when she gets home? PPPPLLLEEEAAASSSEE!
HA :)
Love awaits you, our little wonder girl!
Love,
Uncle Den, Aunt Ame, Rynie, Thayner
and Land that we love..

Anonymous said...

We're waiting expectantly. SO glad your blog is working well. Love the pics--Cole liked seeing Brogan. We're praying constantly. It's almost time. Teddi's got a mama! Teddi's got a mama!
Love,
Melissa

Tracy said...

Hi, Winder Family ~ I woke up at 4:00 a.m. Sunday morning (TX time) and creeped out to the computer to check your blog! I am SO very excited to see you all in CHINA! A precious dream and promise come true! I'm praying for you and can't wait to FINALLY see Teddi join her forever family. Until tomorrow ~ Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom.

Just got back from desert safe and sound (a little tan, it stayed in the high 90s). Can't wait to see pictures.
Love you,
Bryce
PS-One more thing for dad to be jealous about, I went swimming in the Columbia river last night to cool down. A bit chilly.

Patientlywaiting said...

Hello all,

Love the pictures of Guangzhou. We are living vicariously through you right now. My kids are so excited and want to see every picture! Are those twin beds in the hotel? You have 2 rooms right?
Tomorrow is the big day. We are praying for you and your Teddi girl!

Love,
R. Haines