Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Time To Pack It Up . . .

Quick post . . . It's 6:00 a.m. Thursday and everyone will be waking up soon for our final day in Guangzhou! It's time to pack it up and take our show on the road!

Yesterday was a free day once we got the "all clear" from Mr. Li as he finished our consulate paperwork appointment. Today at 4:00 is our "swearing in" ceremony at the consulate, we will receive Teddi's passport and visa--and then our little bird is free to fly!

We had a sunnier day yesterday, with only one major downpour. The downpour however hit at dinner time, so we ordered Papa Johns and ate in the room. Too cool, Papa Johns in China, and it's very good. Our hotel rooms are so pretty and the beds are covered in white (very white) duvet covers . . . when we eat in the room, we spread the spare blankets, which are brown, over the very white duvets, so that we have somewhere to eat (space is very limited). This has become known as our Chinese picnic--I will miss our Chinese picnics. Papa Johns will never be the same . . . especially since it won't come by bicycle!

I will leave you with some pictures from yesterday . . . Teddi was extra busy, so most shots of her were on the move . . .


Getting teeth brushed by Baba, she loves it!
We have been teaching her to sign (in order to
better our communication) and yesterday
when we laid down at nap time, she signed for me to
brush her teeth. This was about as still as she got yesterday . . .
Trying to get a picture of the four sisters in the
lobby -- observe the lack of "still"!
Abbie Johnson and new sister Audrey Hai Ping.
Taylor and new sister Theadora Fu Xiao--
which means, "I don't sit still for a minute"
in Chinese. No, not really, in fact every time we tell
anyone who is Chinese Teddi's Chinese name,
they respond with, "Veddy good name!"

The Johnson Family farewell. Steph, Brian, Hai Ping and

Abbie left for Hong Kong yesterday (by train). They will fly home

to Michigan tomorrow, the same time we leave for Texas. We have had

such a great time with them, and are so blessed

that our trip for our Zhuhai girls overlapped. Please pray for Hai Ping,

as she leaves behind everything she knows, to bravely

venture to a new land. She was very scared yesterday,

I can't imagine what she must be going through. Once again, I am

so very proud of all of Teddi's big Zhuhai sisters

who are courageously "figuring out the way" of their new lives

in America.

"The Grin" lives on! Back for tea at Dong and Susan's.

Brogie shares a smile with Miss Suzie herself . . .

we have had such a wonderful time hanging out with

our new friends Dong and Susan, and we will miss them deeply!

Xioa Xiao does a little last minute shopping at Susan's Place!

Little Miss Never Still gives The Grinner some love on the

lobby couch last night.

BIG NEWS:

I got my first spontaneous "I love you" yesterday

morning from my girl! It sounded kind of like, "yuv, yuv, you!"

Not sure she gets what it means

yet, but I do--and it was heart melting!

Teddi Xiao Xiao is ready to go!


A final note . . .
Last night Suzie graciously translated all of the little notes that were written by Teddi's Zhuhai family, they were a part of her scrapbook/photo album given to us last week during our visit to Zhuhai. I will leave you with the words written by one of her orphanage "aunties". . .

"You are a good and lovely girl. You are our happy princess. We love her. Hopefully, you can have a very lucky and happy new family, and study hard. I hope you can fly as free as the happy bird."


Our happy bird is free . . . and she is ready to fly away home.

My nest is forever blessed.

Love from China!


Tina

I will try and do one more post, but if I don't manage (lots of packing to do) please pray for our travels. . . that all would go smoothly, and that our littlest bird will do well, and maybe even sit still a little!


One final note . . . Congrats to my Blogger friend Margaret who has received her Travel Approval from China after a very long wait! Margaret, Wes and big sister Lily Wen, will soon hold their precious son Graeme in their arms. Margaret, I'm blowing kisses to your sweet boy.
Graeme, your very own family will be here soon to take you home!

God is faithful, He puts the orphans in families. Thank you Lord! T~



4 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Oh how I have enjoyed all your posts and vicariously going to China through you! :)
I have chills after reading that sweet note from her orphanage nanny...that mention of a happy bird is just God ordained!
I am praying for travel mercies and continued smooth transitions for everyone!

Vivian said...

Tina,
Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. We are praying for a sweet and safe flight home to Texas! We are so happy that you are bringing your little bird home. I cannot wait to meet her! Sophie is very excited about meeting Teddi for the first time.
We love you!
Alycia and all

Margaret M said...

Tina,

I was already crying when I read the translation of the note from the Auntie...that is a Red Thread!!! Then, I saw the sweet note about our family. Thank you so much! You are all in my thoughts and prayers as you travel home. Teddi will finally be in the home nest! The journey has trully just begun!

Tracy said...

I'm praying for a safe, still, and peaceful return home. Can't wait to meet Teddi (and you) someday soon :o)! Love ~ Tracy