
We are pleased to announce that our Travel Approval has arrived! Ky called about 3:30 this afternoon and she had it in her hands. We won't be able to confirm a consulate date until Monday. This would mean purchasing unaffordable "no notice" tickets next week in order to get there by Mother's Day . . . so we have made the decision to slip everything by one week. Ky has requested (via email) a Consulate date for the 27th or 28th. This means we would leave the U.S. on May 15th or 16th, and receive Teddi on May 19th, if all goes as planned. I am a little disappointed, but am more comfortable with this realistic time frame . . . mostly I am filled with joy that our journey to Teddi is down to a matter of days. My calender will not turn a new month before I hold my daughter in my arms!
In the meantime we will celebrate . . .Bryan and I will have been married 24 wonderful years this Sunday, May 4th. On May 7th our dear Taylor will turn 20 years old. On May 17th our big guy, Bryce, will turn 22 in Spokane. And two days later we will meet our Xiao Xiao for the very first time! May has always been a big month in the Winder household . . . it's about to get even bigger!
As if our TA announcement weren't enough excitement for one day, shortly after I hung up with Ky there was a knock on my front door. There stood my dear neighbors Melissa and Robin. Melissa's family has been waiting faithfully to bring their daughter, Katie, home from Mongolia for about sixteen months now. Robin's family has had their China dossier logged in for 18 months and recently switched from the traditional China program to the special needs program. . .
So here stand my grinning neighbors just as I have received my TA. . . . and Robin is holding pictures! Not just any pictures, but pictures of a sweet little Chinese girl! Robin's family's wait is over! They unexpectedly received the referral of a 2 1/2 year old little girl TODAY! Their long awaited daughter has been found! Claire is coming home! She is only six months younger than Teddi and currently resides a bit north, up the southern coast of China from our girl. Her special need is a hearing impairment. Teddi will soon have a friend and playmate joining her, that looks just like her . . . and she will be right down the street! God is so good!
Robin, we rejoice with you!
Melissa, we will wait faithfully with you for word of Katie's homecoming. (Melissa's family has military orders to mainland Japan, and they will leave while we are in China. I will miss her greatly, but I am so thankful for the friendship we have shared as waiting mamas.)
My heart is so full, and so thankful. . . so very, very thankful!
Two more things I forgot to add the other night . . . When Bryce called to let us know he was back "in", he shared that he is going to get two weeks of leave in June, instead of one! YES!! My firstborn is coming home! I will have my five birds in my nest for two sweet weeks!
Last but not least . . . Congratulations are in order to my Brady, as of today he is a licensed driver (like I needed any more excitement)! I'm proud of you Brady!
It's C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-I-O-N time!
Blessings~
Tina







3 comments:
WOOOHOOO....{chanting and cheering}....your going to China...your going to China...your going to China...your going to China....I am thrilled for you...it won't be long now and Teddi will be in your arms forever.....I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat....reading daily your journey to get your precious girl.
CONGRATS!!!!!
Kim
That is wonderful...so happy that you got your TA. Teddi is so blessed to soon be in the nest!!!!
We are so happy for you. We can't wait to meet Teddi! It will be fun to see Teddi and Claire interact with each other. Thanks for sharing in our joy yesterday!
Post a Comment