Yesterday was a new first for me, we road the subway! Actually we followed the brave Johnson family who had already figured it out on their own, in a previous trip. It wasn't too bad, if you don't count the walk to get to the subway--lots of stairs, with little ones in strollers. Also, if you don't count the delay coming back due to pouring rain, or the major crying meltdown Teddi had in the checkout line, with everybody and their Chinese brother staring at us, in the middle of Carrefour (Guangzhou's equivalent to Wal Mart)! Another first . . . crying fit in the check out lane, sorry--no pictures of that, believe me, it wasn't pretty!

Rainy day subway ride--headed back
to the hotel. Post, crying meltdown for Teddi!
"The Grin" . . . Subway fun!her stroller was full of new Carrefour purchases,
including a wok--something easy to pack
for the trip home . . . not!
Another glimpe of beautiful Chinathe pouring rain, the long sweaty walk back from
the subway (with way too much stuff in tow), the
crying new sister routine. . . and a yummy lunch at a packed
out KFC--with more staring going on. I believe staring is a
sport here in China-- not sure if it has Olympic status,
but it has to be close! I am growing weary of feeling
like I am on constant display,
BUT I will smile 'til my cheeks hurt . . .
Oh yes I will!











3 comments:
Tina,
She so looks like an angel sleeping in the last photo. And I am guessing that after the fit she through in the check-out line, as you described, you needed an angel at the time. She is so beautiful and I have been showing all my friends here in Nebraska. God has blessed you all in many folds, and Teddi is blessed to have such a loving and devoted family. Pass on the love.
Misty
"you can't expect the world to change, if you can't help to change the world"
Tina,
I absolutely love the picture of Teddi sleeping. She looks so peaceful. It seems you are all having a great time while adjusting to a new member in your family. God is good!! Thank you for sharing your precious moments with us.
Love, Karen
The napping picture is just so beautiful!!! I so look forward to your updates each day! Blessings! m
Post a Comment